MyDrive does not Support import of GPX files that have multiple track segments — TomTom Community

MyDrive does not Support import of GPX files that have multiple track segments

Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
Hi - I found out through experimentation, when answering a question from another user, that MyDrive will not let you import a GPX file if it contains a track that has more than a single track segment defined.

I've attached two small GPX files that contain an identical track (I changed the suffix from .gpx to .txt to allow upload)

The first contains a single track segment denoted by the opening <trkseg> and closing </trkseg flags and which loads into MyDrive OK

The second has been split into two track segments by inserting a closing flag and then following it with an opening flag mid way through the track. This will not load into MyDrive although <trkseg> and </trkseg flags are part of the GPX definition.

Is there any reason for this?

Is this a bug?

I know you can avoid this by having a single track segment but from reading these discussions, I've seen at least two sources that published GPX files with multiple track segments and consequently could not be loaded into MyDrive. Both files DO load into Garmin Basecamp for example!

Best Answer

• DanielForniesSoriaDanielForniesSoria Posts: 59 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    This was done on purpose for a while until we would find out what to do with such situation.
    We have already a fix for this, which will import each trkseg as a different route with the same name and a suffixed number. This is scheduled as the release after the upcoming one, so should be available, ideally, within a few weeks.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel

Answers

• DanielForniesSoriaDanielForniesSoria Posts: 59 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    Accepted Answer
    Hi,
    This was done on purpose for a while until we would find out what to do with such situation.
    We have already a fix for this, which will import each trkseg as a different route with the same name and a suffixed number. This is scheduled as the release after the upcoming one, so should be available, ideally, within a few weeks.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Great - thanks for taking the time to explain.