losing intercom when voice instructions given — TomTom Community

losing intercom when voice instructions given

KeredHKeredH Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
Hi, i have a Tom Tom rider 400. I also have a viper bluetooth 3 helmet. My friend also has the same helmet which we use as an intercom to talk to each other. When in use as soon as i get a voice instruction, it cuts off the intercom, not mute it, once the instruction is given, the helmets then pair up again saying intercom connected, this takes about 15 seconds to do this, now each time you get an instruction it does this. Is there anyway to overcome this

Best Answer

Answers

• KeredHKeredH Posts: 25 [Master Explorer]
    Thanks RoadRider, sadly no other way to connect the helmets, it just means i have to mute the commands on the Tom Tom, while the screen is good is sunshine sometimes its difficult to see and of course you are always checking the screen as you are not getting the prompts. I had a garmin Zumo before this but this had an audio jack output. I have a goldwing which has a jack audio input so listened to the commands over the speakers of the bike. Its a shame the tom tom does not comes with an audio out.
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi @KeredH

Not Ideal but if you got something like this:

Bluetooth-Receiver-TaoTronics-Microphone-Streaming-Black

and plugged it into the audio in port on your Goldwing, then you could at least pair the TomTom with your speakers.
    Rob R, thanks for your suggestion, not sure if this would help as the directions is still coming from Bluetooth as such and would interrupt the intercom again but worth looking into.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 477 [Supreme Pioneer]
    The tip from @Rob_R will work. BlueTooth has manny channels.
    I only think this model doesn’t work on a Rider 400.

The Rider 400 needs a HSP profile compatible adapter.
    A Rider 550 can also use A2DP.
    Thanks again RoadRider, will definitely look into this as a solution, thanks again also to Rob R
  • tonyetkrishtonyetkrish Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    hi i have a rider 500, when i connect my intercom with my passenger i lose the voice instructions from the rider !
    if i am alone , everthing is ok
    Many Headsets have this problem.
    Check the headsets manual if there are optional pairing options.
    Hi Tony, mine is different, i dont lose the voice instructions but when a instruction is announced by the tom tom device, it cuts off the intercom, it then has to re-establish the connection. Other systems may mute the intercom, this closes it off. Then it takes about 10seconds to re-establish. Of course this then happens 2 or 3 times when you come to a turning.
    Most older intercoms have the following priority;

HSP -> Intercom -> A2DP

So when you use HSP the intercom gets disconnected when there are navigation instructions.
    And when you use A2DP the intercom will not be interrupted.

Some newer headsets can mix the different channels al at the same time.

But it is hard to say without knowing the type of headset and firmware version.
    Hi RoadRider having looked a bit further on this matter, it would appear you are correct. Its down to the way it handles the bluetooth channels, while one prioritises the other one, instead of muting the intercom, it just cuts it off. There is no work around as well. Thanks again for taking the time to explain the protocol settings.