I have Pro truck 6250 that no longer connects to traffic through its own built in sim — TomTom Community

I have Pro truck 6250 that no longer connects to traffic through its own built in sim

If I go menu Traffic it shows no internet select and am then given 3 options, connect to phone connect to WI Fi or connect using USB. This thng is meant to connect using internal sim.
Any ideas please

Best Answers

• Protruck1234Protruck1234 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    Fixed clean inbuilt sim card contacts. See post by durtelang in December I think his was a 5250
    Accepted Answer
    Yes thanks I had already found your post.

Answers

Accepted Answer
    Fixed clean inbuilt sim card contacts. See post by durtelang in December I think his was a 5250
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,832 Superusers
    Hi
    @Protruck1234
    The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 6200... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts oxidise over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    Important tips see... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1693015/#Comment_1693015

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All of the usual disclaimers apply, all of the above is at your own discretion

ATB YFM
    Accepted Answer
    Yes thanks I had already found your post.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 4,816 Superuser
    Hi @Protruck1234

Routes created on your device and saved there in My Routes do not sync back to your account. Routes created in My Drive on your PC or in the Phone app can be saved there to My Routes in your account and will then sync to your unit.

Doug
    Thanks but that was not the question. I have found out the hard way that routes created on device are not saved back to my drive inspite of utube video by tomtom seeming to suggest tat all settings etc would be saved. Usual stupidity.
  • stvvstvv Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Hallo, ik heb hetzelfde type met hetzelfde probleem.
    In elk ander land werkt de live traffic wel maar telkens ik een half uur in Belgie ben valt deze weg tot wanneer ik weer in het buitenland ben.
    Wie kan ons helpen......