can i use pocketgps world speed camera data on my start 52, i have a lifetime subscription — TomTom Community

can i use pocketgps world speed camera data on my start 52, i have a lifetime subscription

bartuchbartuch Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
i am fortunate enough to have a lifetime subscription to the speed camera database, i havejust upgraded my nav to a start 52..... i cant see how to install the cameras to it ... is it possible to do

many thanks, dave

Best Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,413
    Superusers
    edited May 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @bartuch
    Welcome to the site....
    bartuch wrote: »
    i am fortunate enough to have a lifetime subscription to the speed camera database, i have just upgraded my Nav to a start 52..... i cant see how to install the cameras to it ... is it possible to do
    many thanks, dave
    Yes you can install the .OV2 file but but I'm sorry to say it would be pointless...
    On the NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices you can only use one of the 5 Tomom built in .BMP Icons to display the speed cam locations....

vcgmfkcfyvf7.jpg
    You cant use a warning sound for a POI or change the approach distance of the warning sound....

See.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories... Using the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1120259/adding-poi-from-mydrive-to-my-new-professional-6250

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,413
    Superusers
    edited May 2020 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @bartuch
    Welcome to the site....
    bartuch wrote: »
    i am fortunate enough to have a lifetime subscription to the speed camera database, i have just upgraded my Nav to a start 52..... i cant see how to install the cameras to it ... is it possible to do
    many thanks, dave
    Yes you can install the .OV2 file but but I'm sorry to say it would be pointless...
    On the NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices you can only use one of the 5 Tomom built in .BMP Icons to display the speed cam locations....

vcgmfkcfyvf7.jpg
    You cant use a warning sound for a POI or change the approach distance of the warning sound....

See.... Installing 3rd party POI Categories... Using the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1120259/adding-poi-from-mydrive-to-my-new-professional-6250

For general improvement using the Tomtom Speed Cam Database over the default settings

Always use a Computer voice...
    From the main screen... Tap (.... Menu) -> Setting -> Sounds & Warnings...
    Set... 'Warning Type' to... Read Allowed... (Important... Needs a Computer Voice set in the Voices menu)
    Speed Cameras & Hazards... Set to ON
    The next 10 Setting ALL set to Always
    The next 4 Settings ALL set to ON
    The device will now say....
    'Fixed Camera'
    'Mobile Hot Spot'
    'Average Speed Camera Zone'
    'Red-light Camera'
    'Accident Black-spots
    ‘Spoken Traffic delays’

Speed Cams
    If you keep a check on the Traffic-bar... The device gives you a visual Warning of the next Fixed or Mobile Speed Camera many miles before you reach the camera
    Even more info if in the 'Setting menus' you setup a Wide Traffic/Route Bar
    93197384-69ec-4f9d-b7ae-f68a6f82ffae.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bartuchbartuch Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 2020
    thanks yamfazman,
    i had loaded the ov2 files on, but as you say... its a total waste of time
    ive had tom units for a number of years now, and i have to say that in moving forwards with their products, they have certaintly gone backwards with giving us the facility to customise and tailor the units to our needs.

where i work, we have a unique poi overlay to take us directly to multiple fixed points accross the country, i can still load those, but no bmp file .... i used to have silent voice, but with chimes for the junctions or way points, now i cant

the units are seriously pants these days