free map updates — TomTom Community

free map updates

morpethmorpeth Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
I seem no longer to have access to free map updates for my Rider 410 which I purchased May 2016.
Is there a reason for this?

Comments

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @morpeth

Assuming you did not have Lifetime maps either the updates your unit was supplied with or a subscription you have subsequently bought has expired.

Maybe @VikramK can have a look at your account and advise or sort it if there is a problem at their end. Keep an eye out here.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,933 Moderator
    Hi @morpeth

Welcome to the community!
    I reviewed your account and I don't find any problems with the subscription for map updates services.

I would recommend that check for updates again in MyDrive Connect after performing a soft reset.

On Tuesday(26 June 2020) we released map v10.50, which should be the latest map offered for download.

Thanks, Vikram
  • morpethmorpeth Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you Vikram. I had to go to Google to find out how to do a soft reset, but following that I got message via my TomTom that a revised version of MyDrive was available. I downloaded it, and after that it was all plain sailing and map v1050 is now down-loaded onto my machine. Thank you again
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,924
    Superuser
    Hi @morpeth

Using Search at the top of this page would have helped you find what a Soft Reset is.

Doing a Soft Reset after you have done any updates, which you should do preferably one at a time, is a good idea as it helps tidy up the devices files.

Doug