MapShare Updates on Rider 550 — TomTom Community

MapShare Updates on Rider 550

Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
Hi - I've owned a Rider 550 for a few months now and although I'm now on my third map, I've never received a single MapShare update.

Is there a reason for this i.e. am I missing something?

Are other Rider 550 owners receiving MapShare updates?

Thanks in advance

Best Answer

Answers

• Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Rob_R

Don't have a 550 but funnily enough today I am updating to the new versions of the maps on my GO5200. After I have done a couple of the maps so far and I am now seeing a small MapShare Update (63.00 B) at the end of the list of those still to do.

Can't say I have seem many if any for a while.

Doug

Well blow me you are correct! I too updated to the latest map this morning, which did not include any MapShare in the update list - I checked. But now you've mentioned it I've just re-looked at my device an a MapShare update is now queued! Looks like it may have been the same for everyone.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @Rob_R

Wish they all were that easy. =)=)

Doug
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 316 [Exalted Navigator]
    dang, haven't seen a mapshare update in a very long time....
    they use to be as frequent as speed cam updates back in the day
    i updated the usa, canada, mexico map yesterday..... no mapshare update for me...
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,570
    Superuser
    Hi @JoelS.

I have 4 maps on my unit including the USA, Canada and Mexico map but I don't know which map the Mapshare update was for as it could have been one of the others.

Doug
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Hi @Joel S and @DougLap FYI I have Europe on my Rider 550 so that's what got the update from my perspective. I even got another one today!
    still haven't seen one, lol not sure if i saw one the entire time with the last map.
    seems strange if it is the usa, Canada and more i think. there has to have been a change somewhere over here.