I had reason to use Mapshare recently (see https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1123568/some-speed-cameras-not-showing-up-data-error-mapshare-improvements)
, and found a few problems (iOS13/Safari, if that matters):
- The layer options do not always offer speed cameras, even when zoomed in. This could be because there are no speed cameras within the current window, but nonetheless it is not user-friendly. It would be better to have the option in the layers list regardless of whether there are speed cameras to show.
- It would be useful if the speed camera icons show what direction of travel they are set for, to save having to click each one and check its properties.
- It needs to be clearer what the direction means: some cameras are rear-facing, some are front-facing, so if the direction the camera faces is entered when it is a front-facing camera, instead of the direction of flow it detects, it will result in a data error. If in doubt, set "both".
- The default setting for direction should be "both", eliminating the false-negatives if the default direction setting isn't corrected.
- Some cameras patrol variable speed limits. There is no setting to take this into account, there should be a "variable" option rather than specific speeds or "?".