Where do I find my Activation Code for my new Tomtom Start 25 sat nav? — TomTom Community

Where do I find my Activation Code for my new Tomtom Start 25 sat nav?

rustler59rustler59 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
I bought a brand new Tom Tom Start 25 sat nav with Free Lifetime Maps & when I connect to 'MyDrive Connect' it looks for my Activation Code (which I can't find !!) and gives me updates only without installing the actual 'Maps' I initally require !! Can anyone help me, Please?
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @rustler59

Welcome to the community!
    The lifetime maps have been activated for the Start 25 device. Just check for updates in MyDrive Connect. You don't need an activation code now.

Regards, Vikram
  • rustler59rustler59 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram, thanks very much for the positive response. I tried it a number of times but unfortunately, near the end it displayed "no internet connection" each time (despite the wifi being connected!!) Am I meant to touch the satnav when "lets get started" appears on the screen & am I meant to reset it after each effort to update, Please?
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,491 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @rustler59

Can be due to different reasons, I would recommend that you try using a wired internet connection. Configure the firewall or any anti-virus software to allow access and download through MyDrive Connect.

Regards, Vikram
    Cheers Vikram, thanks a mill for the advice. Today's response was "some items didn't update". Changed browser to Internet Explorer, so fingers crossed!!
    Hi Vikram, Tomtom MYDRIVE is connected & "restoring my satnav 100% " for 2 days now?? Can this be normal!? Please?