Synchronizing MyDrive app Androïd and Rider 500 — TomTom Community

Synchronizing MyDrive app Androïd and Rider 500

DagokeDagoke Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
The MyDrive app for Androïd is connected to my Rider 500, When I add a place it shows in the app and immediately on my TomTom Rider 500. Routes however that I added via TomTom Mydrive web version are visible on my Rider 500 but they do not show in the Mydrive androïd app.
I am connected via Bluetooth and Wifi is on and functional with the tomtom device. All other features are active and working. Except the My Routes on the MyDrive app stays empty.
When I create a new route with the android ap, the app sends it to the Rider500 but it never shows up in the "my Routes".

Best Answer

• DagokeDagoke Posts: 8 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    New routes made in the web version are sent immediately to the tomtom device.
    New routes made in the Android version are also sent to the device.
    They both show up on the Android device (and in the web version).
    Routes made in the web version before installing the Android version did not show up in the Android version.
    Fixed the problem by loading each route in the web version (one by one), made a little change in the route and synchronized it with the TomTom device. Then they also show up again in the Android version.
    So this problem is fixed. Seems that the previous routes, before installing the android version and already installed on the TomTom device did not synchronize with the Android version.
    After making a changes in the route they are visible.

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 127 [Exalted Navigator]
    The app allows sending destinations at the moment it cant send routes.
    try to log out and log in again with tomtom account to see if the added routes in mydrive web version show in the app.
    Accepted Answer
    New routes made in the web version are sent immediately to the tomtom device.
    New routes made in the Android version are also sent to the device.
    They both show up on the Android device (and in the web version).
    Routes made in the web version before installing the Android version did not show up in the Android version.
    Fixed the problem by loading each route in the web version (one by one), made a little change in the route and synchronized it with the TomTom device. Then they also show up again in the Android version.
    So this problem is fixed. Seems that the previous routes, before installing the android version and already installed on the TomTom device did not synchronize with the Android version.
    After making a changes in the route they are visible.

• Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    The app allows sending destinations at the moment it cant send routes.
    try to log out and log in again with tomtom account to see if the added routes in mydrive web version show in the app.

Hi - I think it depends upon what you actually mean by a "route".

If you want to get from one place to another, possibly via one or more other points, what you do is define those points and let the "routing software" pick a path. The MyDrive web page (and app) does this as does your device. This is great if you do not care about the path and you can set options like "fastest" or "shortest" and on some devices like the Rider series you can set a degree of hilliness or windiness. The point is the routing software then picks a path based upon the settings and any other available information such as current traffic.

Thus to me a route is just a collection of points that I want to pass through and I'm happy to let the device choose the path i.e. actually route. So for a "route" I can define the points on MyDrive (and indeed it will pick a path at that time) and I can "sync" that to my device using send destination (or send stops if more points have been defined). The thing to remember is that the path that your device then picks, can change if it's settings are different or circumstances have changed e.g. I might plan it on MyDrive today and it will show a path but when I go to drive it in three days time, there may be traffic (changing the fastest path) or road closures and my device will automatically pick a different path to avoid them. Indeed MyDrive itself will show different paths for the same saved "route" on different days if traffic is different i.e. a saved route on MyDrive is just a collection of points - it makes routing decisions afresh each time you open the route.

So to my mind if a route is just a collection of points then you can sync it using the send destination or send stops function.

Now I'm a biker so actually most of my trips are just for fun and often start and finish in the same place. Also on such trips I don't want' to ride on motorways and major A roads i.e. I want to plan a specific path and have the exact path on my TomTom when I go to ride it. This is essentially a track i.e. no routing as I've made the routing decisions whilst planning and I just want to follow the path I defined. On MyDrive I plan the path as normal and if necessary I force the path using Via points and/or stops until I get something that I want to ride. I then use the "sync this route as a track" option and I get a track on my device that is prescriptive and uses exactly the roads I planned. It will not however route around road closures or offer alternatives based upon traffic.

So what do you actually need to do? If you want a dynamic route you can sync it using the send destination/stops option and if you want a prescriptive track then use the sync as track option.
    At this moment te problem is solved, In the web version I selected "edit route" and saved them again. The route was then synchronized on the device and also became visible in the app version.
    Conclusion is that old routes (or tracks or however you want to name them, i prefere routes because the menu system says 'my routes'), that were created before I installed the android version did not show up
    After "edit route" and saving them again they did show up.
    So the problem is solved,