Is the Satnav firmware update service down at the moment? — TomTom Community

Is the Satnav firmware update service down at the moment?

g4wszg4wsz Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
I start MyDrive Connect, pick my TomTom and click Update Selected and I wait forever on the next page that says Downloading Items. After a few minutes a message appears saying the server is busy, try again.

It has been like this all afternoon, so far. Also your web pages seem unresponsive, so as a last resort I'm trying to post this question. I hope I make it!!!

TIA,
Steve

Best Answer

Answers

• g4wszg4wsz Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Thank you @YamFazMan !

Deleting those two folders and restarting MDC solved the problem, I guess there was something bad/duff cached in them that stopped MDC and/or the web site working.

I had been taking packet traces with Wireshark looking for clues as to what was happening but I should have googled more, maybe I'd have found your original post! I'll certainly use this forum in future, I am very grateful for your intervention. B)

In case you are interested, once MDC started to work and downloaded the updated map/etc I was seeing about 100Mbps on the download from the web site to my laptop followed by about 30Mbps on the USB network link to the TomTom.

Updating the TomTom is the only time I use Windows,ie 3 or 4 times a year, which is still too often for my liking!

Best wishes,
    Steve
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,728
    Superusers
    Hi
    @g4wsz
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Stay Safe... ATB YFM