Well I have to say I have had my new car 3 days and I am un-impressed by built in TomTom Navigator
1) My 2020 Subaru Outback seems un-available to enter as a "device" for my TomTom account. Why?
2) I can't find any way to get TomTom Subaru to talk to my iPhone. When I was using Apple Maps / CarPlay in my previous car, all I had to do was plug in my iPhone. All my recent map searches would show up as potential destinations. If there was a calendar event with a location CarPlay would offer that event as a possible destination.
3) I downloaded TomTom Go Nav for my iPhone assuming it would help me connect my iPhone to the car via CarPlay. However all it does is try to get me to subscribe to a service. I paid a lot for my new car. I am told I am paid up for map updates for many years..... WHY THE BIG DISCONNECT???
4) TomTom Go Nav for iPhone shows up in my car as a CarPlay app. And I am sure if I purchased a subscription it would be functional and displayed as an app, on a small piece of real estate on my Nav screen, just like the other apps on my phone. Disappointingly nowhere near the full size map the built-in TomTom Nav shows. I expect that it would not know I have a built-in TomTom Navigator, let alone talk to it.
5) The TomTom navigator in my Outback appears to be very detailed and easy to use. However it us useless if it does not talk to my iPhone.
6) Why go through the trouble to offer a built-in TomTom Nav in my Outback if it can't compete with the convenience that I can get from other nav apps on my iPhone?
7) The voice recognition system that the Outback TomTom uses is entirely stupid. After giving up on getting it to find the address I wanted to go to (it always returned results half a country away). I tried to get it to take me to my local Home Depot. Once again it suggested a useless result. I did manage to convince it I wanted a local result. Painful success, Holy Cow. It knows where gas stations and points of interest are. It can't find a simple street address or Home Depot? (Perhaps the voice recognition issue is on Subaru.... But? ? ? ?)
9) A very promising built-in app for my Outback. Let me know when you fix it.... Soon please!