TomTom Sports Connect couldn't connect — TomTom Community

TomTom Sports Connect couldn't connect

MarianneJMarianneJ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
Recently, basically everytime I try to connect my Runner 2 watch to TomTom Sports Connect desktop app to upload data and keep my watch up to date, the app keeps crashing displaying the following error message:
"Are you sure you're online? We couldn't connect. Check your network and try again."

Most of the time it eventually manages to sync the data.... But why does this keep happening? Is there a bug in the app or is my watch dying?

Best Answers

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,096 Superusers
    Accepted Answer
    MarianneJ wrote: »
    I think it's the pins on the watch... one of them doesn't look too good and has scratches on it.... so... time for new watch soon :)

Try rubbing it with a pencil eraser to remove any tarnish and see if that helps.

Answers

It may be a problem with the dock. Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
  • MarianneJMarianneJ Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The charger and pins look good. And the watch charges without problems, just not connecting to app (not syncronizing, not updating software)
  • jenkijenki Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    plugged in but wont charge? Doesn't show that it is connected.
    I think it's the pins on the watch... one of them doesn't look too good and has scratches on it.... so... time for new watch soon :)
    Accepted Answer
    MarianneJ wrote: »

Try rubbing it with a pencil eraser to remove any tarnish and see if that helps.
    Using pencil eraser did the trick for now! Thank you for the tip :smile: