Website Question — TomTom Community

Website Question

I went to a page where I put in my serial number and it tells me "Your navigation device was affected by the GPS upgrade. Download your no-cost software fix here" But there is nowhere to click to download the fix. Was this a time limited offer? Is the fix still available somewhere else?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    edited May 21
    Hi
    @Davej100
    Welcome to the site....
    Are you talking about this Website ???

Warning Be Aware... Recently several fake (SCAM) Tomtom support websites have appeared
    Tomtom FAQ 'Unauthorised TomTom support website scams'
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/26767

Stay safe... ATB YFM
  • Davej100Davej100 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    @YamFazMan Yes it was this website.o77rjk4d4zub.png
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited May 22
    @Davej100

That one is a genuine TomTom support webpage to check if the device was impacted by the WNRO (last year)

I think that webpage is being worked upon by the Dev team, some maintenance tasks. It's not displaying the correct message for all the locales.

Could you try entering the serial number on this link

Thanks, Vikram
    @VikramK

Entering my serial number on that link gives me what looks like the same page. Maybe I'm mis-interpreting what it's saying. Below are four photos of in-car systems. Maybe the fixes only apply to them. But why it would bring them up when my serial number is for a TomTom ONE I don't know. Was there a fix ever issued for the TomTom ONE?
    edited May 22
    Hi Dave

I am sorry, I thought the UK locale of the website was fixed. The message it returns is confusing. I don't remember releasing a firmware update for the ONE XL device during the WNRO last year.

I will keep this one open with me and post back once I have a confirmation.

Thanks, Vikram
    Thank you for your patience Dave.

Navigation functionality for the device remains unaffected, but no time update through the satellites.

Unfortunately, there is no firmware update to fix the problem.

Regards, Vikram
    @VikramK

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me. At the moment all I get is a message saying no valid GPS signal. I have left it powered on in the garden with a clear sight of the sky for three hours without success. I thought this may be caused by the WNRO but if navigation is not affected thus must be another problem .
    Regards
    Dave