One way streets — TomTom Community

One way streets

Numbnuts57Numbnuts57 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
I have encountered directions that are incorrect in two cities in Spain.
Marbella and La Linea have an incredible number of one way streets and they all seem to be the wrong way on the Tom Tom making it impossible to get to some destinations.
These have narrow streets and when in a car it is very frustrating and sometimes impossible to find parking because you cannot get to your destination.
I was looking at getting a sat nav for my motor bike but it will not be a Tom Tom unless this problem can be remedied

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,091
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Numbnuts57

Here in the UK I have NEVER been sent the wrong way down a one-way street by my various Tomtom devices....

On the on the hand the Ga*m*n I owned for a MONTH before I switched to Tomtom, the Ga*m*n offerd numerous journeys down one-way street in the wrong direction :o

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • bigbig Posts: 1,670
    Superuser
    Is there any chance your satnav is set for walking rather than driving? One-way streets are ignored when it's set for walking.

If that's not the case and these are genuine errors the best plan would be to report the errors so the maps can be corrected. You could be doing many people a big favour if you could find the time to do that.
    http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools
  • Numbnuts57Numbnuts57 Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I have a Start 25, As far as I know, I can't set to walking. I have been through the menu and there is nothing regards walking.
    I have just checked out that mapshare site and it shows the oneway roads as they are but the TomTom tries to send you the wrong way so wtf?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,895
    Superuser
    Hi @Numbnuts57

Can you share some examples.

Doug
    go4zbd3ll0bd.jpg

As you can see, there are a lot of one way streets.....and there are a hell of a lot more.
    It seems that the Spanish like them
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 8,895
    Superuser
    Hi @Numbnuts57

I am fully aware that the Spanish like one way streets I needed a Tomtom to get me out of a maze of them in Almeria many years ago. =)

Which particular streets are you saying you are being directed along the wrong way?

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 20,091
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Numbnuts57
    Numbnuts57 wrote: »
    I have a Start 25, As far as I know, I can't set to walking. I have been through the menu and there is nothing regards walking.
    I have just checked out that MapShare site and it shows the one way roads as they are but the TomTom tries to send you the wrong way (Snip)
    The earlier Devices you have to to enter my Route type every time
    But at least 95% of my journeys I would choose the Fastest Route....

You would have to select 'Cycling' or 'Walking'....
    I do not not see how either could be set as the default route Type
    a8fagcpfuh96.jpg
    The earlier NAV2/3 devices like your start 25 are Menu focused
    Asking all of the questions and button pushing at the start... Then device plans the route....

ATB YFM
    Nearly all of them.
    I was trying to get to the junction of Calle San Pedro de Alcantara and calle Carteya.
    My Start 25 does not give me those options