Two questions/suggestions for improvement — TomTom Community

Two questions/suggestions for improvement

1) Is there a model that can be used handsfree, i.e. via bluetooth? If not, please design one. I'd be interested!
2) My model (GO500) is quite unforgiving to typos made in an address typed in. Suggestions while typing would already help, listing alternatives in the area where one is would even be better

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 16,832 Superusers
    edited May 19
    Hi
    @Basd

Are you using the Quick Search (Default & the best) Search engine ???
    Or the Step by Step Search engine ???
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Choose a Search Mode ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666 Superuser
    Basd wrote: »
    1) Is there a model that can be used handsfree, i.e. via bluetooth? If not, please design one. I'd be interested!
    It depends on what you mean by handsfree. The Go 500 can operate with voice commands, as can any other recent Go model.

If you mean you'd like it to connect to your phone in order to make and receive handsfree calls (via Bluetooth), then the Go 520, 5200, 620 or 6200, or any in the current range from the Go Essential upwards can do that.

Basd wrote: »
    2) My model (GO500) is quite unforgiving to typos made in an address typed in. Suggestions while typing would already help, listing alternatives in the area where one is would even be better
    The newer models I listed above may also help in this regard, as the slower hardware of the Go 500 can introduce delays in pressing the letter followed by it appearing, which can make it easy to have typos (and frustrating to correct them after). The newer, faster models on the other hand are a lot more responsive.
  • BasdBasd Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Wirh handsfree I meant an external "keyboard" of some sort (e.g. like the Parrot has) that can be used to type in destinations while driving, and that can be mounted to or close to the steering wheel.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666 Superuser
    edited May 20
    Ah - in which case no, sorry. The only Bluetooth pairing the car devices have is for a mobile phone (using the voice, messaging, and data profiles).

An alternative solution might be to use the MyDrive app on your phone. On this you can type and select your destination, then send it to your TomTom. As soon as the device established a data connection, it'll immediately start navigating to it.

I think MyDrive is supported on the 500, but you may want to check.