Why the zoom button is so narrow?! — TomTom Community

Why the zoom button is so narrow?!

Ems62Ems62 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
The zoom button is practically unusable with gloves on. The Garmin 595 I had earlier had better buttons. I'm very disappointed with software in the device.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ems62
    Welcome to the site....
    If You are navigating....
    I feel the default Zoom setting (Zoom into next turn) to be useless for a Motorcycle especially in the countryside, where the zoom is equivalent to the view from International Space Station
    I always Drive/Ride...
    Guidance view... 2D (In direction of travel)
    Zoom... Based on road type....

If you are Route planning....
    Tap on the Direction of Travel Icon (Above the the + & -- Minus Keys ) to switch to the North up Overview planning Planning Map... Where you can Pinch Zoom and Swipe the map....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Ems62Ems62 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I use the 2D setting always.
    The zoom button could be twice the width than it is now. Can't be that difficult to program the change.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Ems62

If the Zoom is set... Based on road type, I never have to touch the Zoom button when I'm riding

ATB YFM
  • Ems62Ems62 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    With current layout using the zoom button is dangerous, since it is too small to operate.
  • TigerRiderTigerRider Posts: 85 [Sovereign Trailblazer]
    @Ems62, you have to remember that the folk that design the Rider(s) don't get out much and very unlikely to use this kit. Therefore they are a bit clueless about usability issues. Had exactly the same problem with my NextBase bike camera... PANTS.

Worse... the managers seem to be even more clueless so it seems they fail to provide any guidance or more importantly any sanity checking on the products.

Certainly this has been my experience of Tomtom over the many years. Just remember to report how brilliant Corporate TomTom is on the next survey. They don't ask about the products.