MyDrive device identification issue — TomTom Community

MyDrive device identification issue

MyDrive identifies my VIA 1625 as a Start 62. I've uninstalled MyDrive and re-installed it, and the issue remains. I HAVE identified country as US. Since there's no way to associate the GPS with MyDrive that I've seen other than plugging it in, so I'm stuck... Suggestions?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,087
    Superusers
    edited May 16
    Hi
    @jestroh
    UK..... Start 62 Models
    m319u1lqetaq.jpg
    USA... VIA 1625 Models
    miacsvtg3qx7.jpg
    I assume your Serial number starts with 'ET'
    The same Model has different names in different Sales areas....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • jestrohjestroh Posts: 5 [Novice Seeker]
    YamFazMan - Thanks, I realize that. The question is how to get MyDrive to recognize that MY "ET" is a US product. That's why I re-installed to make sure I was defined as US and not UK. Even doing that, working off a server in the US, with a 1625 with US maps, MyDrive STILL wants to think I'm on the other side of the pond. I need to know how to inform it of its error, since adding a device is dependent on what MyDrive thinks it is, and no matter what I do to this point, it always thinks it's a Start 62...
    edited May 17
    MyDrive software download was from "https://www.tomtom.com/en_us/mydrive-connect/", and I updated that before attaching the VIA.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,087
    Superusers
    Hi
    @jestroh
    Try...
    With MyDrive Connect running...
    Click on the Cog Wheel Icon Screen top right
    Click on the General Tab
    Check Country (Language)... United States (English)
    Save Settings

ATB YFM
    Yup. Already checked that, saved just in case, re-attached the VIA, identified by the software as a Start 62. Do you have any idea as to whether their software itself is country-dependent? Could a British executable been mistakenly placed in the US download area? I've had no similar issue with a prior (obsolete) device before the current install...
    Chatted with support today. Got the device registered, and even with the 'Start 62' initial identification, it's now in my account as a 'VIA 1625'. Was about to get the rep to look at the account information when 5:30 PM BST struck, and the chat window disconnected. SMH...