my tomtom via not connecting to tomtom home — TomTom Community

my tomtom via not connecting to tomtom home

Hi, i have just purchased a new via 52, tomtom home does not recognise the device but my drive connect does, i have followed instructions on your support pages to update drivers etc but with no luck, also my map is 13 months out of date and the device is meant to have lifetime map updates, how do i rectify both these problems?

Answers

• rider1riderrider1rider Posts: 150 [Exalted Navigator]
    tomtom home not compatible with via 52
    use mydrive connect
  • Martinl1969Martinl1969 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok, thank u, so how can i update my maps pls, it says on device map is 13 months old and how do i backup my saved places pls, thanks
    I'm supposed to have lifetime map updates
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,709
    Superuser
    Hi @Martinl1969

With the current situation and many working from home there have been instances of it taking a little longer than normal to set the accounts up with Lifetime updates etc.

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up and check the account settings . have a look back then meanwhile as rider1rider says the appropriate software is Tomtom My Drive Connect.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,905 Moderator
    Hi @Martinl1969

The subscriptions for map updates have been sorted. Please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

Thanks, Vikram
    Thanks Vikram, if i do a reset will i lose all my favourite places I've entered in?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,709
    Superuser
    Hi @Martinl1969

You will not lose your favourites and if you go to the My Drive webpage and log into your account you should see the Favourites listed under My Places if you have synced the device to your account.

To do the suggested Soft Reset Turn the unit on and when ready hold the On/Off button in for about 20 seconds plus until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go. The device will start up with the files tidied up. A soft reset is a beneficial thing to do after you do any updates etc.

You would lose your Favourites etc if you did a Reset Device in the Settings/system menu as that returns the device to Out of the Box. In that case if the Favourites etc are saved in your account they should be restored to the unit after the Reset Device if it is set up to log into your account. In both processes the current Operating and Map versions on the device are not affected.

Doug
    Thank u m8