Who can advice on why updates does not download despite connection to MyDrive works fine? — TomTom Community

Who can advice on why updates does not download despite connection to MyDrive works fine?

793Lafayette793Lafayette Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
Who can advice on why updates does not download despite connection to MyDrive works fine?

Answers

• LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 13,660
    Superusers
    Hi
    Dit you get an error message?

Have you cleared the download folder of myDrive Connect.
    hdn9qr46nckg.jpg
    Sorry for the german screenshot
  • 793Lafayette793Lafayette Posts: 10 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi there! - Thanks for trying to help out! - The clearing button is dimmed! - cannot get to it. Any ideas??
    7663dbvxvea2.png
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hmm.
    Wich PC System do you have? I suspect Windows 10.
    Do you have administrator rights on the PC?
    f not, restart your pc and then do a right click on the MyDrive connect in the start menu and select "run as administrator.
    Maybe that helps.
    Thanks, I'll check that out - Report later !
    Hi again! - OK - This is what happened: (1) I followed Lochfrass' instructions - and voila! - The button was not dimmed any more! - (2) Immediately after I had clicked and cleared the download folder MyDrive started downloading updates (don't know which because I had not specified!!); (3) Everything looked normal the screen started showing downloaded %-age - it took some 45 minutes - until it suddenly showed "100%" and just stayed there "Checking" (with the three green dots "moving"). (4) It continued this way indefinitely.
    I finally closed MyDrive and restarted my W10Pro machine again and tried to repeat from step (1) above (i.e. including "run as administrator" und-so-weiter). This time (and 3 more tries) I was back to square 1 (dimmed button). What's wrong? - Should it really be this difficult - or more like IMPOSSIBLE - to download AND install updates?
    Vielen Dank "Lochfrass" - fÜr Deine BemÜhunhen !
    Here's what's going on right now:
    Superusers
    Too bad that it didn't work. :/
    Unfortunately, I have no other ideas.
    YamFazMan often recommends reinstalling MyDrive Connect in case of problems.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686212/#Comment_1686212
    Hopefully other users will come forward to find a solution.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,893
    Superuser
    Hi there guys !
    Thanks for trying to help me out. I have attempted the following solution(s): (1) Changed the setting for the USB power option to "power on"; (2) Uninstalled "MyDrive Connect"; (3) restarted computer and downloaded another MyDrive Connect; (4) Launched it (as administrator); (5) Connected my GPS and logged in; (6) Checked the "Download" for "undimmed" button - still dimmed; (7) Attempted to make ONE update ONLY (the one default = the GPS fix); (8) It started off downloading the update and went on until the stopped "stamping" in one place @ 14% and 8 minutes left (see screenshot attached) . Should I just give up and trow out TomTom altogether ??7togtfhttlei.png
    Is anyone from TomTom Support following these postings??
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,423
    Superusers
    edited July 2020
    Hi
    @793Lafayette
    This a User forum overseen/moderated by Tomtom Staff... Where users help each other....

Tomtom Support....
    Due to COVID-19 the phone service has been suspended....
    Tomtom Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Thank YamFazMan ! - I tried the link (and consecutive links) that you suggest. However, they do not have any chat open due to COVID-19 and the link to send them an email is a "catch 22" - cannot get any mail through. - Do you possibly have an email address DIRECTLY to TomTom Support so that I may send them a copy of the conversations I've had with you and pothers on the forum? Again, Thanks for trying to help!
    Superusers
    Hi
    @793Lafayette
    Click on the Email Direct Link...
    http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/contact_incident/c/4692/p/2986/es/0
    After Clicking on the Link
    Scroll to the bottom of the new page check your Countries flag is displayed (Screen bottom right) if incorrect click on one of the links and correct

Note... You need to be logged into the site for the Email Direct link to work
    Note... If your using Firefox, try a different browser Firefox can be problematic with the Direct Email link

ATB YFM
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi Again...
    @793Lafayette
    Just checked....
    NOT working with Firefox (Constant Hourglass)
    Chrome OK....

ATB YFM
    Hi YamFazMan ! - I'm using Chrome - NO DICE YET! - I just wish I could get hold of a human soul @ TomTom - but cannot find any direct email to support. I'll keep looking. Thanks again!
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,898 Moderator
    Hi @793Lafayette
    The team has done some changes in the backend to remove some old files that could be causing the problem.

Please do a soft reset and check for updates again in MyDrive Connect.

~ Vikram

Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @793Lafayette
    Hope you're now sorted :)
    (Snip) I just wish I could get hold of a human soul @ TomTom - but cannot find any direct email to support. I'll keep looking. Thanks again!
    Like most commercial companies the links to the various aspects of the Website are a the bottom of the Forum Home Page....

Scroll to the bottom of this page
    From the Support Menu list
    Click 'Contact us'
    Drill down through the appropriate links
    You will eventually get to....

FAQS --- FORUMS ---- EMAIL US---- PHONE US---- CHAT WITH US

Note... Due to COVID-19
    The phone service has been suspended/removed from the list....

There is a logic to to Drilling down through the appropriate links, if you follow the correct menu flow, it takes you to the Support pages and the comprehensive Tomtom FAQ lists where in most cases the answer can be found and problem solved :)
    This in turn reduces the demand on the Support lines and shortens the delay/response times for when only a Phone Call and Email enquiry will resolve the issue....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM