Water entered and no longer goes — TomTom Community

Water entered and no longer goes

ZioscarZioscar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
Hello my name is Oscar and for 4 years now I have used the clock everywhere, swimming pool and cycling when it rains and water has never entered.
For a week that water has started to enter and the display has not worked.
Shouldn't it be waterproof forever ??
Should the waterproofing be guaranteed?
Thanks

Mod edit: Machine translated [ Italian ]

Best Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,899 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zioscar

Welcome to the Community! A broken seal on the watch might've caused the waterproofing failure.

Best, lampard
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,392
    Superusers
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    Thw
    Zioscar wrote: »
    I never fell, how could it have broken ??? Then you don't see where it's broken Enter water you see and nothing goes It could not be a defect therefore under warranty ????

You would not had to have fallen, the seal could have worn out or you could have bumped it enough,. The warranty is for 1 year so you are well out of warrant and there is no repair service. TT Sports has been out of business for over 2.5 years and the products are obsolete so it is time to move on to another watch.

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,899 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zioscar

Welcome to the Community! A broken seal on the watch might've caused the waterproofing failure.

Best, lampard
  • ZioscarZioscar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 15
    I never fell, how could it have broken ??? Then you don't see where it's broken Enter water you see and nothing goes It could not be a defect therefore under warranty ????

Superusers
    edited May 15 Accepted Answer
    Thw

You would not had to have fallen, the seal could have worn out or you could have bumped it enough,. The warranty is for 1 year so you are well out of warrant and there is no repair service. TT Sports has been out of business for over 2.5 years and the products are obsolete so it is time to move on to another watch.
  • ZioscarZioscar Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    edited May 15
    Ok so I'll get another one
    Superusers
    Ok so I'll get another one

Not a TomTom, again because they are out of business and the watches are dead.