Customer support. Human kind? — TomTom Community

Customer support. Human kind?

I’ve broken a strap within the warranty period. The claim was handled well. At least until the replacement strap was reported sent, because then the case was closed by TomTom and it cannot be reopened. I have tried a million ways to communicate this back to TomTom so they/I could follow up with the forwarder or wherever it got stuck, but without any info on how it was shipped this is not possible for me. I can only ask a robot. And since the warranty period is now lapsed I cannot open a new case.
Can anybody (preferably human) point me in a right direction, so I can move on to something more exiting, eg using the watch for its purpose?

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,671
    Superuser
    Hi @HHald

Hope the following lines of communication help you resolve your issue.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic

Doug
  • HHaldHHald Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thanks for your help, DougLap. I keep my fingers crossed :-) Stay safe!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,671
    Superuser
    Hi @HHald

Your welcome. Hope you get sorted. Stay safe.

Doug
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,184
    Superusers
    HHald wrote: »
    I’ve broken a strap within the warranty period. The claim was handled well. At least until the replacement strap was reported sent, because then the case was closed by TomTom and it cannot be reopened. I have tried a million ways to communicate this back to TomTom so they/I could follow up with the forwarder or wherever it got stuck, but without any info on how it was shipped this is not possible for me. I can only ask a robot. And since the warranty period is now lapsed I cannot open a new case.
    Can anybody (preferably human) point me in a right direction, so I can move on to something more exiting, eg using the watch for its purpose?

They are no longer producing straps or replacing them as they do not have any more. It has been over 2.5 years since TT Sports went out of business and ceased production. Your only option is to find one on a third party site.

They discontinued in person support for the watch line well over a year ago. The numbers you were given are for SatNavs only and will not help. Time to buy a new watch from a company still in business.