GO6200: After map reinstalled - speed cameras missing! — TomTom Community

GO6200: After map reinstalled - speed cameras missing!

Hello,
There was a big map update, which I had to interrupt due to time problem. As a result the device did not find any map and I had to reinstall the Europe map, which I did and which worked. But now the device does not show the speed cameras anymore although I have a lifetime update. In sounds and warnings Speed cameras & hazards is on, but no speed cams are displayed - like I am excluded from the service since I reinstalled the map.
What do I need to do?

Thanks,
Peter

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,161
    Superuser
    edited May 10
    Hi @Peter_123

Try a Soft Reset

Turn the unit on then when working Hold the ON/OFF button down for about 20 Plus seconds until you hear the drumroll sound then let the button go.

The unit will restart and sort it. Let us know how you get on and maybe if necessary @VikramK or @lampard can check your account and advise you. You should still get the Cameras etc.

Doug
  • Peter_123Peter_123 Posts: 33 [Master Explorer]
    Hi @DougLap
    Thank you for trying to help - I did the restart as you said, but unfortunately this did not change anything. Somehow it looks like if the cameras have not been installed when I reinstalled the map. Is that possible? But I did not find a way to download the speed cameras separately.
    Or is there any other place where the camera function can be shut off?
    Please help once again.

Thank you.

Peter
    I could remove and reinstall the map once again, but since this is time consuming I will wait for your reply first.
    Superuser
    Hi @Peter_123

The cameras are not part of the Maps. They are a separate fie/update so I would wait for the Mods to have a look at your account from their end..

Doug
    Ok, @DougLap
    I guess the Mods are @VikramK or @lampard and I will wait until they come back with their advise as soon as they have checked from their end.

Thank you!
    Peter
    Strangely in the section "About" in my device I found that both Traffic and Speed Camera Updates are marked as "Activated".

Just fyi
    @DougLap @VikramK @lampard
    Good news - I reset the device (Settings -> System -> Reset device). This did not delete the map and worked quite fast. I just had to restore the WiFi connection and enter my account. Also private POIs remained (since connected with account).

And best of all: After doing that Traffic and Speed cameras are there again!

Perhaps this helps you in case of someone else experiences the same problem.

Thank you!
    Peter
    Superuser
    Hi @Peter_123

Thank you for your post.

Glad you are up and working again. As a tip go into Maps/Add a Map and load a small map like Venezuela or Iraq, each circa 30mb. By adding a small map to your internal memory you will ensure that should you have a problem during an update of your main map and lose it you have a map on the device so you can start and operate it as normal and sort your problem out.

Doug