Can i access the favourites on my tomtom go mobile for android — TomTom Community

Can i access the favourites on my tomtom go mobile for android

Can someone help me with this please I am after exporting the favorites I have on my mobile phone tomtom go mobile so I can save them on my computer? I have access to the phone's internal and memory card data by my computer but I just want to find out where the file is with the favorites on so I can save it. I think its an ovi file or ov2 or something like that.
Please help me with this.
Thank,s
John :-)

Best Answer

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    Accepted Answer
    In 16 years of using TomTom PNDs, mobile apps and web apps I don't recall any time when TomTom offered a facility to export POIs/Favorites/Places. OV2 files were fine for importing places and libraries into a TomTom device or app but they were never, to my recollection, offered for export. Back in the day one could manually find OV2 files inside early PNDs and manually extract the files but I don't believe that ability now exists.

You can copy your places over to TomTom's web app MyDrive by setting the sync in menu TomTom Services and that will back them up, but it still doesn't get your POI's out of the TomTom ecosystem.

For the long term I suggest you start to save and keep all of your places outside of TomTom and then only bring them into TomTom from time to time as needed for use. I now use POI Pocket for that purpose.

Answers

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,187 [Revered Voyager]
    Accepted Answer
    In 16 years of using TomTom PNDs, mobile apps and web apps I don't recall any time when TomTom offered a facility to export POIs/Favorites/Places. OV2 files were fine for importing places and libraries into a TomTom device or app but they were never, to my recollection, offered for export. Back in the day one could manually find OV2 files inside early PNDs and manually extract the files but I don't believe that ability now exists.

You can copy your places over to TomTom's web app MyDrive by setting the sync in menu TomTom Services and that will back them up, but it still doesn't get your POI's out of the TomTom ecosystem.

For the long term I suggest you start to save and keep all of your places outside of TomTom and then only bring them into TomTom from time to time as needed for use. I now use POI Pocket for that purpose.
  • lewi1968_un42lewi1968_un42 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thank you for this I will do as you said and again thanks for the help its much appreciated John :-)