Go 5000 — TomTom Community

Go 5000

Sam11111Sam11111 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
My Go 5000 connects fine To My drive connect but does not offer new Europe map, it is still on a 2013 map version, 9. something?? wondered if anyone can tell me why as I thought it had lifetime maps
Thank you in advance

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,769
    Superuser
    Hi @Sam11111

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard will pick this up tomorrow and review your account to see if it was supplied with Lifetime Maps. If it was you should have been offered about 25+ updates since 2013 so either your account was not set up correctly or no Lifetime Maps were part of the deal.

You may well be asked to advise the serial number of your device by personal message. Do not detail the serial number here .

Doug
  • Sam11111Sam11111 Posts: 4 [Novice Seeker]
    Ok I see, I don’t think it has ever been connected before hence the old maps, thank you for the helpful reply.
    Just plugged in and it’s actually updating now, all sorted, thanks
    Superuser
    Hi @Sam11111

The current full European map ( 9+gb) will not fit on the internal memory of your unit so you will need a 16gb or maximum 32gb Micro Sd Card fitted and formatted for maps on the GO5000.

Is the unit currently updating the operating software if so do not try and load the Full Europe map. You will be offered smaller sectional used maps for Europe but if you want the full map the you will need a 16gb or max 32gb micro SD Class 10 memory card formatted on the unit for maps. I recommend you use a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make as some of the lesser known makes have been known to have problems on TT units.

When the mods see this tomorrow they may add a small map to your account which you should try and download and keep on the units internal memory. This will help in the event of you having a problem with an update that results in you losing the map. The small map will enable you to work the unit normally and resolve the problem.

Doug
    Yes exactly what happened Doug, luckily I was able to just select the Uk section which is perfect for what I want, all sorted now and all up and running perfectly.
    Thanks again
    Superuser
    Hi @Sam11111

Keep an eye out for the small map if it is added to your account. I recommend adding it to your unit and leaving it lying there.

Glad you are up and working.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,653 Moderator
    Hi @Sam11111

Welcome to the community!
    Please do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect. The latest maps should be offered for download in MyDrive Connect.
    Regards, Vikram