POI on the Map — TomTom Community

POI on the Map

Andrew_ITAndrew_IT Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]
Hi to all

Recently thanks to the help of forum i find the way to add POI List to MyDrive on web.
Now, i have another question, on the maps i can select to view or hide only Hotel, Activity and Restaurant using the bar on the bottom of the screen.
How can I view the POI on the maps? There is the possibility to choose wich list display?

Thanks

Answers

• Andrew_ITAndrew_IT Posts: 14 [Legendary Explorer]

OK, I know on the Device, i have a rider 550, i'm looking for Tomtom MyDrive, on the web, when i use mi PC.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Andrew_IT
    Andrew_IT wrote: »
    Hi to all
    Recently thanks to the help of forum i find the way to add POI List to MyDrive on web.
    How can I view the POI on the maps? There is the possibility to choose which POI list display?
    I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

The Method I use.... its a two stage process using the device & the MDW Route planner to Sync the POI locations to the MDW Route planner for inclusion in the route

Stage (1)... On your NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) Device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces... Select a POI Category e.g... National Trust
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall... A Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to my places
    Rename the MyPlace or Tap 'Add' to accept the offered Name
    Dudmaston Hall is synced to the MyDrive Web Route planner

Stage (2)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Open MyPlaces... Left click on Dudmaston Hall
    The MDW Map zooms into Dudmaston Hall
    Right Click On the blue Dudmaston Hall Icon

If you are starting a new Route you're offered....
    'Use as a Starting point'
    Or
    'Plan a Route'

If the Route is all ready started you're offered....
    'Add a Stop'

I tend ignore the Menu that opens... And simply Left or Right click on the Blue MyPlaces Icons

On the device, you may need to occasionally edit/tidy the MyPlaces list
    Now, i have another question, on the maps i can select to view or hide only Hotel, Activity and Restaurant using the bar on the bottom of the screen.Thanks
    The buttons at the bottom of the MDW Route planner should all toggle to display any combinations of the 3 categories....

ATB YFM
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Andrew_IT
    Hi to all
    How can I view the POI on the maps? There is the possibility to choose which POI list display?
    I'm not aware of any Route planners that allow you to install YOUR OWN or 3rd party POI Categories and use them for route planning

The Method I use.... its a two stage process using the device & the MDW Route planner to Sync the POI locations to the MDW Route planner for inclusion in the route

Stage (1)... On your NAV4/5(Wi-Fi) Device
    Tap the 4Dot (.... Menu) --> MyPlaces... Select a POI Category e.g... National Trust
    The Main search area turns blue and "National Trust" is offered with a flashing cursor
    Continue typing the name of the required "National Trust" site, Type dud(maston) (Or as much of the word that's required for Dudmaston Hall appear at the top of the National trust list
    Tap on Dudmaston Hall... A Quick Menu opens... Tap on the 3Dot Icon... Add to my places
    Rename the MyPlace or Tap 'Add' to accept the offered Name
    Dudmaston Hall is synced to the MyDrive Web Route planner

Stage (2)... On the MyDrive Web Route planner
    Open MyPlaces... Left click on Dudmaston Hall
    The MDW Map zooms into Dudmaston Hall
    Right Click On the blue Dudmaston Hall Icon

If you are starting a new Route you're offered....
    'Use as a Starting point'
    Or
    'Plan a Route'

If the Route is all ready started you're offered....
    'Add a Stop'

I tend ignore the Menu that opens... And simply Left or Right click on the Blue MyPlaces Icons

On the device, you may need to occasionally edit/tidy the MyPlaces list
    Now, i have another question, on the maps i can select to view or hide only Hotel, Activity and Restaurant using the bar on the bottom of the screen.Thanks
    The buttons at the bottom of the MDW Route planner should all toggle to display any combinations of the 3 categories....

ATB YFM

Hi

I need to create many POI list. I divide my place (for example)
    1List Mountain pass
    2List Place to visit

I find the way to create the POI list and import this.

When i use the navigator is possible select to show or hide the two POI list, in the Web interface is not possible.

This is possible when i use MyRoute App , a web interface, where is possible import POI list and choose which ones show or hide. I'm tryng to do the same thing whit Tomtom web interface but i understand that is not possible.

There is many web site were is possible download POI list for Camping, Biker Hotel ecc..
  • BrianEBrianE Posts: 545 [Exalted Navigator]
    If you are planning to import routes from MyRoute App, I would suggest you carry out an experiment, as there was a problem that any routes created in MyRoute App and subsequently imported onto the sat nav via MyDrive could not be permanently deleted. To see if that is the case you would need to delete a route on your sat nav, perform a factory reset on the device and then see if your deleted route returned. In my case, TomTom had to help me create a new account and then copy my MyDrive data across to the new account as there didn't seem to be any other way to remove the redundant routes. I'm not sure if the same problem was/is happening with POI's. For this reason, I had to stop using MyRoute App for route planning, which was rather annoying since I had just purchased a lifetime licence.
    BrianE wrote: »
    If you are planning to import routes from MyRoute App, I would suggest you carry out an experiment, as there was a problem that any routes created in MyRoute App and subsequently imported onto the sat nav via MyDrive could not be permanently deleted. To see if that is the case you would need to delete a route on your sat nav, perform a factory reset on the device and then see if your deleted route returned. In my case, TomTom had to help me create a new account and then copy my MyDrive data across to the new account as there didn't seem to be any other way to remove the redundant routes. I'm not sure if the same problem was/is happening with POI's. For this reason, I had to stop using MyRoute App for route planning, which was rather annoying since I had just purchased a lifetime licence.

I use MyRoute App from many year, i also have a lifetime license. I never had your problem. When i plan a route, i export .ITN file and copy it in the device with the USB cable.
    When i power on the Rider i find the option to import the track, after i can delete it from the device or from MyDrive web App.
    I think MyRouteApp is a great route planner that satisfy almost of i needs, but to use on the Bike i prefer a specific device and not the mobile.
    Rider 550 is a very good device, strong and smart friendly to use, only i think need many upgrade for manage better the long travel and other things, but this is only my point of view.
    The big difference is that Tomtom is a brand, MyRoute app is a community.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,693
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @BrianE
    The bug may have been fixed....
    Quote....
    We added backwards-compatibility in MyDrive for tracks saved via other clients such as MyRoute-app
    End Quote
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1240718/#Comment_1240718

ATB YFM