Can you advise why my position indicator on my PC is always incorrect? — TomTom Community

Can you advise why my position indicator on my PC is always incorrect?

If i open the app on my phone, it indicates the correct location, but not on my PC, ever.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    edited May 2020
    Hi
    @Kevin Reichert
    Welcome to the site....
    Its the MyDrive Web Route planner... Geo Web Location 'You are here' Icon
    I turned mine off ages ago when the MyDrive Web Route planner decided that I lived in a different town 30 + Miles away
    According to Google Street view my Geo Web Location is a small brick building at the end of a Cul-de-sac on an industrial estate....
    It's where my Internet Provider connects to the Internet

The first time you used the MyDrive Web Route planner a small window opened to ask you if you wanted to use your present location as your default location... This is called Geo-Location I guess you answered yes

Geo-Location Settings
    Which Web Browser are you using for the MDW Route planner....

Microsoft (Edge) Windows....Click on the Windows Start button --> Setting --> Privacy --> Location
    c17f86ed-5318-46b4-8576-3e6a80d2db99.png
    Firefox....
    016f413b-1b08-4962-a1ad-03fa0ba0c6b8.png
    Chrome....
    253d688f-7831-4be8-ae1c-065d9f4f1fda.png
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Kevin ReichertKevin Reichert Posts: 7 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi YFM. OK, so I found the location setting in Chrome. That's the default browser I use. Do I need to block the location as it too places me all over the place - nowhere close to my actual location...
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,269
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Kevin Reichert
    I would say 'Yes' I found the Geo Location to be a pain when I was using the MDW Route planner....

ATB YFM