Poor screen on 6250 — TomTom Community

Poor screen on 6250

I have just bought a 6250 after using a 6000 for the last three years. The 6000 still works perfectly but I've updated it mainly for the lifetime traffic and intended to sell to sell it once I stared to use the 6250.
I used the 6250 for the first time today and immediately thought I'd set it up wrong when I set off only to be confronted with a screen that looked colourless and washed out. The 6000 screen was always fantastic with strong colours and contrast no matter what angle it was set to.
The only way I could get any improvement was to have the screen at about a 40 degree angle, certainly not how I want it. Anything towards vertical is hopeless.
I've just turned on both devices to compare them and the 6000 is fantastic at any angle, nothing changes, but the 6250 screen is awful unless it's tilted away from you at an extreme angle.
In bright light it's almost usless.
For what's meant to be the top and most expensive device in TomTom's range, It's a huge disappointment and not what I would have expected.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Could it be a hardware problem?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• eightbyfoureightbyfour Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks, I suspect the same thing and will take your advice. The screen on my 6000 is fantastic With rich saturated colours that views perfectly at any angle. The 6250 is heavily desaturated by comparison and not particularly nice to use. At the wrong angle it loses most of what little colour it has and isn’t very easy to read.
    I’ll get in touch with TomTom.

Thanks again.

Answers

• eightbyfoureightbyfour Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks, I suspect the same thing and will take your advice. The screen on my 6000 is fantastic With rich saturated colours that views perfectly at any angle. The 6250 is heavily desaturated by comparison and not particularly nice to use. At the wrong angle it loses most of what little colour it has and isn’t very easy to read.
    I’ll get in touch with TomTom.

Thanks again.