Pairing Samsung S10 & Rider 400 — TomTom Community

Pairing Samsung S10 & Rider 400

no1kilono1kilo Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited May 4 in RIDER
My S10 and Rider 400 cannot talk to each other. Not sure if it was due to the update or not since I just bought this phone. It worked just fine with my S7 and J7 but not the S10. So I guess I have the same problem.

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited May 4
    Hi @no1kilo

I would recommend that you factory reset the RIDER 400 and also delete Bluetooth pairings on the S10.

RESET- Main menu- Settings- System- Reset device
    [Please backup the saved favourites or routes using MyDrive web]

To start with a fresh pairing see the video below-

Thanks,
    Vikram
  • no1kilono1kilo Posts: 14 [Apprentice Traveler]
    edited May 5
    I tried that and lost my updated maps in the process. Now I can't update that either and it still failed to pair blue tooth. Neither the phone nor the GPS show each other despite being next to each other or 3 feet apart. Also the instructions require Mydrive on my phone but the mydrive app has two options to connect, a QR code or no device which mean it can't or won't connect. The Mydrive app doesn't even try to turn on the blue tooth to attempt to connect.
    I figured it out. In the Mydrive app there is a section in the instructions for not having a bluetooth option in the settings menu. While the Rider 400 does have a bluetooth option in the settings menu, it was the only way to connect. Clearly there is a mistake in the instructions. Poor wording or misleading description.
    Now, how do I get my updated map back.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 478 [Supreme Pioneer]
    Connect your Rider 400 with the original USB cable to a PC and start MyDrive Connect.
    edited May 5
    Hi @no1kilo

I see the device has the map - USA_Canada_and_Mexico : 9.80 installed. But it's not the latest one.

I have asked the team to push the latest map for your device. Just do a soft reset and check for updates in MyDrive Connect.

~Vikram
    Thanks for the map update and I'm wondering if I should keep this or try to install the even newer map I got. This map is of the entire USA Mexico and Canada which is fine but I upgraded to another map that has only the eastern half of the USA and Canada. The map was to big to fit in the Rider 400 and I had to load each map separately if I crossed over. I had them saved onto a micro SD card and maybe on my computer. Can't find the SD card. Can anyone tell me the file names of those maps? Maybe I can find them on my PC and buy a neww SD card to install into the Rider 400. The map I lost when doing a factory reset was the eastern part of the USA and Canada.
    @no1kilo

It's not possible to backup the map on a computer. The size of the new map is more than 7GB so you have the option to install a preferred zone or a full map can be installed on a 16 GB memory card. Read more on our FAQ page.

MyDrive Connect will only allow you to install one zone at a time.

Regards, Vikram
  • JoelS.JoelS. Posts: 316 [Exalted Navigator]
    say, what usa map is too big for the rider 40/400 ?
    will this other map have more detail or be of any benefit ??
    i have 10.47 that is under 7g currently

thanks
    v10.47 should be far more upgraded.
    See our FAQ page here.
    Driving with an outdated map could greatly affect your journey. To avoid unwanted surprises such as new speed limits and road changes its important that the device has the latest map version installed.

~Vikram