GO 6000 not starting — TomTom Community

GO 6000 not starting

After updating the map on my 6000 it won't start, the line at the bottom goes half way then stops. When plugged into the computer there is an image of a computer & device with the cable between broken & a X on the screen of he devic I have tried a drumroll reset several times but no good. Any help would be appreciated.
If the device is dead I'm thinking of buying a GO Premium can anyone advise me if the Premium is any faster than the GO 6000. Thanks in advance

Comments

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,113
    Superusers
    Hi
    @tim123oxford
    Welcome to the site
    (Snip) If the device is dead I'm thinking of buying a GO Premium can anyone advise me if the Premium is any faster than the GO 6000. Thanks in advance
    Yes the NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices have a faster processor

It looks like Recovery Mode has initialized on your device.....
    When in Recovery Mode... The device must be showing as Connected for the Recovery process to complete....

TomTom FAQ... Navigation device not starting or displaying a cross....
    Here... https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1898/kw/Recovery Mode

ATB YFM
  • tim123oxfordtim123oxford Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi YamFazMan, thanks for the reply. I tried the restore several times but after the restore said 100% the device restarted only 50% then the restore started again. So going to give up & have ordered a NAV 5 device. Thanks for your help.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,704
    Superuser
    Hi @tim123oxford

When you get the new unit and its is set up can I suggest that before you update it that as it will come with only 1 map loaded that you download a small map, say Venezuela, which will be added to your internal memory. Leave the map lying there so should you ever have a problem when updating your main map you can still start the device which you cannot do if you lose the only map.

Doug
  • tim123oxfordtim123oxford Posts: 22 [Outstanding Wayfarer]
    Hi @DougLap thank's for the advice, I'll do that is's a good idea