GO 600 suddenly got black with a X between computer and TomTom — TomTom Community

GO 600 suddenly got black with a X between computer and TomTom

EvnoEvno Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
edited October 12 in MyDrive Connect
At home I connected with TT MyDrive Connect. Since then (50 times I believe) every time the same: Starting MyDrive, plug in usb, TOM starts up. Seeking for a connection, halfway the white line on Tom-screen it stops.
Then MyDrive gives a message that it is very busy on the servers ( every day, every hour, so nonsens. I have to establish a new connection, and then it starts again: MyDrive: your system is being repaired, do not disconnect. No need for that, then it starts to open, halfway it stops and so on and so on.
It must be a systemfailure in TomTomGo600, then the soft reset doesn't help also. I cannot find a way to contact someone by phone with TomTom, their clienthelp sucks in my view. This takes a month now, can someone help me ????
Evno, May 2, 2020 NL

Best Answer

• EvnoEvno Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    To all who have tried to help me with my issue, especially Douglap:
    I SOLVED THE PROBLEM.
    After five months exactly I went on route to buy a new TomTom. But then I got an idea, decided to try that.

Every time we tried with MyDrive Connect to repair the program, it stopped on the same place on the progresline and lost contact, started again and so on.
    I now realised that I used a micro-SD-cart -16GB. Could it be that THAT was the place where it went wrong?
    I removed the Micro-SD, started the computer and tried MyDrive Connect without it.
    AND YES, IT WORKED! Without stopping the program and tom connected. The only small problem was that I had to choose for a smaller Europe-card, no problem.
    The new card installed without problems on the TomToms memory and works fine!
    Thank you @Douglap for your help. Wherever I asked these months, nobody by TomTom, no external advisors, NOBODY came up with the idee to look after the connection between the system and the Micro-SD. That was the troublepoint....

The Mico-SD had no problems, no faults and gives the full 16Gb after formatting.
    So perhaps there has been a bad connection between card and holder, that I have not tried, to glad that it works now again.

I write this for anyone else who has this problem in future, perhaps it helps.
    Greetings Oktober 9, 2020, Evno

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,409
    Superuser
    Hi @Evno

Have a read of Yamfazmans excellent post and see if that resolves your issue.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1682074/#Comment_1682074

Doug
    Hi @Douglap, Sorry, I am behind with the mails

Thank you for your message, but my problem stays.
    The TomTom did not stop during the update in the computer, it happened while driving the car. One moment I got normal instructions and without warning this X-message blacked out the screen. Plugged out in the car, tried again, the X-broken-connexion stayed.
    At home I started with the newest version of MyDrive Connect. After some time MyDrive informed that it started to repair TomTom, and reloaded some program.
    After starting it seems that it tries to connect to the system and at that moment it stops and informs that the connection is lost, probably due to very busy traffick.
    Restarten,reloaden, reconnect and......exctly the same place avery time the connection stops.
    I am desperate, the Go600 is not old, but I think there is a mechanical failure on the disk OR a bug in the program after the latest update I installed end march-start april.
    If it is a bug, it starts the moment MyDrive tries to write on the system. I had computers from the very beginning with BBC-Computer and then Commodore, but nowadays it is difficult and complicated. Sorry, I'm too old (75), its true the memory is not what it was.

But perhaps this info is enough for you, to get me in the right direction for repair.
    Thnx already. Evno - may 31 2020 01:57hr
    Accepted Answer
    To all who have tried to help me with my issue, especially Douglap:
    I SOLVED THE PROBLEM.
    After five months exactly I went on route to buy a new TomTom. But then I got an idea, decided to try that.

Every time we tried with MyDrive Connect to repair the program, it stopped on the same place on the progresline and lost contact, started again and so on.
    I now realised that I used a micro-SD-cart -16GB. Could it be that THAT was the place where it went wrong?
    I removed the Micro-SD, started the computer and tried MyDrive Connect without it.
    AND YES, IT WORKED! Without stopping the program and tom connected. The only small problem was that I had to choose for a smaller Europe-card, no problem.
    The new card installed without problems on the TomToms memory and works fine!
    Thank you @Douglap for your help. Wherever I asked these months, nobody by TomTom, no external advisors, NOBODY came up with the idee to look after the connection between the system and the Micro-SD. That was the troublepoint....

The Mico-SD had no problems, no faults and gives the full 16Gb after formatting.
    So perhaps there has been a bad connection between card and holder, that I have not tried, to glad that it works now again.

I write this for anyone else who has this problem in future, perhaps it helps.
    Greetings Oktober 9, 2020, Evno
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,762
    Superusers
    Hi

Welcome to the site...
    Evno wrote: »
    (Snip) The Mico-SD had no problems, no faults and gives the full 16Gb after formatting.
    So perhaps there has been a bad connection between card and holder, that I have not tried, so glad that it works now again.
    I write this for anyone else who has this problem in the future, perhaps it helps.
    Greetings October 9, 2020, Evno
    I agree, I think the Micro SDHC Memory card has the same the problems as the SIM Card on the Live devices, the contacts oxidize over time giving the fault... the fix can be as simple as turning off the device... and cleaning the contacts or removing and replacing the SIM or Re-seating the Micro SDHC Card a few times to remake the connections....
    Evno wrote: »
    The only small problem was that I had to choose for a smaller Europe-card, no problem
    The early Maps fitted easily onto 8GB on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    For example the latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is almost 9GB

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM