Frustrated by outdated map — TomTom Community

Frustrated by outdated map

LongTimeTomTomUserLongTimeTomTomUser Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
On a trip last weekend to Indianapolis, IN, I was surprised that my (up-to-date) TomTom map still didn't know about the I-70 closing that happened during a huge fire on Feb 20, 2020. My cellphone with Google Maps knew about the closure and was able to route me around the road closure, TomTom was useless!

Is this the future, where only the best info is available via cellphone, not sat nav?
Feb 20, TomTom? Really?

Comments

• Lost_SoulLost_Soul Posts: 234 [Exalted Navigator]
    That is strange for such a major event and long term road closure not to be picked up.

Looking at MyDrive on both the PC and Phone app the roadworks / I-70 closure is showing.............. so why not reflect the same on your device??

Maybe @VikramK please could pick this up and ask the map team why it is not showing on your device. :)
  • pepeispepeis Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Same thing here,
    The R8 around Kortrijk has a speedlimit of 90 kph since februari, I reported this already several times while driving and on via mapshare (id=4b32a1ed-f681-4505-900e-eb4ec6e736e8), but still pending.
  • GerryInTorontoGerryInToronto Posts: 4 [Apprentice Seeker]
    The city of Toronto changed the speed limits in 2016. The newest Tomtom map upgrade didn't capture the changes. I just purchased a new 2020 Subaru and the much touted navigation system is from Tomtom. The graphics are very outdated and the maps are pretty useless.