Got 4 new Via 52's couple of days ago but not upto date — TomTom Community

Got 4 new Via 52's couple of days ago but not upto date

DaveArgosDaveArgos Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
Tried updating them but myDriveConnect says they are upto date.
They are not, I have 2 older VIa 52's with later maps.
Is there a delay between assigning them to an account and being allowed to update ?

Best Answer

Answers

• DaveArgosDaveArgos Posts: 8 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks, I'll give that a try.
    The older ones are EM and the new ones are also EM.
    Got 4 new vans going live on Sunday from my hub and just wanted all up to date in time for the new drivers.
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,953 Moderator
    Hey Dave

Welcome to the community!

Could you do a soft reset and check for updates, please?

Thanks
    ~Vikram
    well after that I went to work and when I returned home I connected one of the new devices without any sort of reset and sure enough all four of them said there were 11 updates available. All of them had Western Europe on them, 1030 and could be updated to 1045. Tried that, no can do as not enough memory..
    Wouldn't let me delete to just install 1045 UK & Ireland.

So, with just one 8GB memory card available put that in one of them, updated to include both those maps, then was able to delete Western Europe. Then removed memory card, device said had no maps but then was able to install latest UK & Ireland on internal memory.

Job done and don't need to leave the memory card in the device. Result.
    Now to do the other three new devices, and then try and get hold of the three older devices to update UK in them from 1040 to 1045. Slow going, but now getting there.

Thanks guys.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,474
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DaveArgos
    Glad to see you're sorted :)
    If you find you ever need to install the Europe Map... DONT uninstall the UK&ROI Map leave it installed on the devices On-board memory to act as a keeper and then insert a 16GB or 32GB Branded Micro SDHC Memory card slots to expand the memory when required...
    Important See Catch22...
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

ATB YFM
    Thanks. We only need these for UK maps, pity there isn't an enhanced regional North Wales maps to cope with all the house names and farms we have to locate.
    There lies a whole other problem to which we have another solution !
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,474
    Superusers
    Hi
    @DaveArgos
    The Via and GO Range have both the "Quick search" and "Step by Step search" as menu options....
    Just check you are using 'Quick Search' (Default & The best Search Engine)

Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Settings --> System --> Choose a search mode
    (1).... Quick Search (Default & The best Search Engine)
    (2)... Step by Step (Useless for UK Postcodes)

ATB YFM