Start 25 missing files? — TomTom Community

Start 25 missing files?

My Tom Tom Start 25 recently went AWAL after standing a while (probably flat battery during COVID-19 lock-down?
Anyway I have most of it back except the files with the car symbols and the start-up and shut down picture files which are still missing.
How do I get these back?
Also during back up I tried the 3 months speed camera subscription for just £1 which was paid but no up-date file has come through to start the trial?

Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    edited April 29
    Hi @Jill_Jackson01

Welcome to the community!

A fresh version of speed cameras was installed yesterday. These updates are released twice in a week(Tuesday and Thursday).

If you don't have a back up for the car symbols and start-up images then I am afraid it's not possible to recover those. I would recommend that you search online and see if you find these.

Of course, if our users on the community have a backup of the files then please feel free to share :)

~Vikram
  • Jill_Jackson01Jill_Jackson01 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Vikram,

Many thanks for your help, when I try to look for the activation code for my purchase it just states Status : "In Progress"? what does this mean or is your order number the activation code?

Also, if I can find the missing photo files on the web or via some kind user's back up, how do you then install these to my device?

Many Thanks

Jill
    Hi Vikram,

Further to the above speed camera up-date I have managed now to down load the up-date to my computer, however, when I try to install the update to my device I get the error message on the computer: "Sorry, some items were NOT installed"? and on my device the message: "Oops something has gone wrong?
    I can get it down loaded to 38% but then it crashes with the above messages?
    Any Idea?
    Also, regarding the missing start up-picture files and symbols. My husband has the exact same model of TomTom, can his be backed up and the back up used to restore my missing files? if so how do we do this?

Thanks ever so much

Jill
    Hi YamFazMan,

Thanks very much, this was a big help. Can I really push my luck here with your help further?
    I have managed now to down load the up-date to my computer, however, when I try to install the update to my device I get the error message on the computer: "Sorry, some items were NOT installed"? and on my device the message: "Oops something has gone wrong?
    I can get it down loaded to 38% but then it crashes with the above messages?
    Any Idea?

Once again thanks very much for your earlier help.

Jill
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Jill_Jackson01

I suspect the Start 25 is getting low on Memory space???
    Have you installed a Micro SDHC Memory card....
    Check how much free space is showing as available on MyDrive Connect....

ATB YFM
    Hi YFM,

Really appreciate the help, but I don't have a micro SD card inserted but I do have 3164mb of free space which should be plenty just for a GPSfix and a speed camera update?
    Also noticed, that since I last plugged it in all the data (Car symbol X1 & start up pics) have all gone and when started up was asking me to pick the voice & language AGAIN? Beginning to wonder if the internal battery is Kaput?

Your thoughts on both please?

Thanks Jill