Does the Rider 550 support waypoints - yes or no? — TomTom Community

Does the Rider 550 support waypoints - yes or no?

eltel54eltel54 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
If I design a route in MyDrive with several waypoints and transfer it to my 550 all waypoints are lost. Is there any scenario where you can design a route offline and keep the waypoints when transferred to the 550? I know older Sat Navs supporting the itn file format could, I am specifically talking about the newer Rider 550's.

Best Answer

Answers

• raesewellraesewell Posts: 137 [Supreme Navigator]
    He asked for Yes or No answer. So, Yes
  • Rob_RRob_R Posts: 53 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    Yes - plan your route and then use "send stops" (available whilst you are in edit mode).

I suspect you may have been using sync this route as a track.
  • RoadRiderRoadRider Posts: 473 [Supreme Pioneer]
    edited June 6
    Here the how to;

Convert your waypoints in the GPX file to OV2 (POI) (for example with JaVaWa RTWtool)

Import POI's on Rider 500 and 550;
    http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#ImportingacommunityPOIlist-MyDrive-CONNECTED.htm

After import you can show the POI's on the MAP.
    ... Menu ->Settings -> Appearance -> Show POI list on map -> Find the uploaded OV2 file (.OV2 is not displayed) and choose an Icon. (to disable the POI display select Hide).

http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/Rider_Wi-Fi/html/en-gb/index.htm#UsingcommunityPOIlists-MyPlaces-PratoNav4.htm

With MyRoute-App it is easier. MRA has an option to save to OV2 to export the waypoints. This also works with Save As -> TomTom Mydrive (beta) now you can select GPX or OV2

4o70i6u03wpq.jpg

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,051
    Superusers
    edited June 7
    Hi
    @raesewell
    raesewell wrote: »
    He asked for Yes or No answer. So, Yes
    Yes I know, I noticed that too...Why be sarcastic and only answer ‘Yes’
    eltel54 wrote: »
    (Snip)Is there any scenario where you can design a route offline and keep the waypoints when transferred to the 550?(Snip)
    This is a user site where we try help each other... Using the MyDrive Web Route planner and ITN Routes, plus a few tips about the problems using the MyDrive route planner is far more helpful than just posting ‘Yes’...

ATB YFM
  • eltel54eltel54 Posts: 9 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the replies people, very helpful, well mainly ;)

Happy trails!