No live connection when used on road — TomTom Community

No live connection when used on road

Steve72Steve72 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
Hi,

I originally posted this in the wrong section, amigo apps, so apologies. So my problem is, that When I use the app indoors with WiFi enabled it shows the live feed, cameras, roadworks etc.
When I use it on the road using my mobile connection (3 mobile) the connection disappears, I get no live feed, or cameras etc.
I’ve checked the permissions on my app and all are enabled, network access etc.
It’s really frustrating and I’m at the point of ditching the app as I’ve tried different works rounds to no effect.
I have a Huawei pro 10 so it’s a fairly decent smart phone.
Any help on this would be appreciated?

Kind regards

Steve

Answers

• lampardlampard Posts: 4,637 TomTom Moderator
    Hi @Steve72

Welcome to the Community! Are you using the Go Mobile App or the new Go Navigation App? We've seen similar reports like this wherein the Apps worked on WiFi but not on the data connection of the phone. Can you check if your Google Play app on phone has the background data enabled on it? Let us know if this helps!

Cheers, lampard

• Steve72Steve72 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi Lampard,

I’m using the go mobile app.
    The background data tab is enabled,
    Along with the mobile data and roaming data tabs.ga0q99u9yim1.jpeg

Kind regards

Steve
    Hi Lampard,

FYI, I tried the app on my old phone which is a Samsung, allowed all permissions exyf59k9domi.jpg
    and the issue is the same.

Any idea what is happening here?

Kind regards

Steve
    Hi,

Just an update,

Curiously when I use a vpn it seems work?, albeit I haven’t taken this out on the road to test but it is connected to my mobile network with the WiFi disabled.
    I’ve ran a few tests and it will only work with the vpn enabled, anyhow I’m hoping you can resolve this issue soon,

2r2gauntrqcv.jpg

Kind regards

Steve