Suburbs missing — TomTom Community

Suburbs missing

Pedro1983Pedro1983 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
When I search for my destination in the past the app would show the list with suburbs and now when I search it just says Melbourne but with different post codes. Is there a setting that I can change or is this part of the latest update from TomTom and if so they should bloody fix it

Comments

• lampardlampard Posts: 5,219 Moderator
    edited April 2020
    Hi @Pedro1983

Welcome to the Community! We're already aware of this issue wherein the Suburbs no longer displayed in search results and the team is working on a fix. I'll post back here once this is resolved.

Thanks, lampard
  • Pedro1983Pedro1983 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks a million cause it’s hard to know all the post codes in my state lol
  • Phree_edPhree_ed Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    See my query in the "New TomTom GO Navigation app (v2.2) available for iOS" thread.
    After reading this thread I realise it's probably in the wrong area but the problem is far worse than missing suburbs.

Here is a copy of that other threads entry.....
    Why oh why in the latest update do searches bring up correct results for street and house number but list the address in the wrong city/town.
    I do a search for an address in Woodford in Qld, Australia and it finds the address but says it‘s in Brisbane with no mention of Woodford other than a postcode. Woodford is over 80km from Brisbane CBD and is at least 50+km outside Brisbane’s border so what gives??

To put that in perspective for the Netherlands based TomTom company it's like searching for an address in Hasselt and being told the address you've found is in Amsterdam. Or if you're in the UK it's like finding an address in Oxford but being told it's in London.

I can't help but wonder how something as outrageous as this could have got past quality control and out into the market.
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,712
    Superuser
    edited May 2020
    HI @Phree_ed

As an example for @lampard if you search for Woodford Golf Club in Australian it is found and marked correctly in Golf Course Road, Woodford in Queensland but the address is stated as Woodford Golf Club, Golf Course Road , Brisbane, Queensland.

Doug
  • IanB1965IanB1965 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    Just wondering if there will be an update that shows the suburb when searching for street names, it’s a little inconvenient having to also select the town or city option, also, I keep getting a prompt on my CarPlay to renew my subscription, I have already subscribed, thank you.
  • lampardlampard Posts: 5,219 Moderator
    edited May 2020
    Hi @IanB1965

Welcome to the Community! Please have a look at my reply here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1702895/#Comment_1702895

Best, lampard
  • Phree_edPhree_ed Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Yep Doug and it's an absolute PITA.
    Cheers

Phree_ed
  • alexmorrisonalexmorrison Posts: 1 [New Traveler]
    Please fix this! The app is unusable in Sydney in its current state... especially if it is a common street name.
  • superlksuperlk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    edited June 2020
    @lampard , any ETA date for when the map fix will be available? The issue of having the geographical area, e.g. "Sydney" or "Blue Mountains" instead of the actual Suburb/Town name in New South Wales (NSW) maps, can make searching really difficult for me. I just downloaded the latest maps for NSW and issue is still not fixed.
    The issue defeats the purpose to some extent of having offline maps. To search for an address, users need the Internet to be able to look up the postcode, in order to know which of the search results is the place the user is actually looking for. It's hard enough for locals to realise what's happening and workaround the issue. Visitors to the State must be really confused!

lampard wrote: »
    Hi @IanB1965

Welcome to the Community! Please have a look at my reply here: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1702895/#Comment_1702895

Best, lampard

• Pedro1983Pedro1983 Posts: 3 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Hi still having the same issue of missing suburb names even after the new update. It’s hard to know the postcode of every suburb
  • NatjevNatjev Posts: 1 [Apprentice Seeker]
    This was identified on 28th April and I still have an issue with no suburbs in Melbourne now with Apple. So what is going on?! I have paid for the gps and it’s useless without suburbs! Time to change to Waze?
  • SetaianSetaian Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Pedro1983

We're already aware of this issue wherein the Suburbs no longer displayed in search results and the team is working on a fix. I'll post back here once this is resolved.

Thanks, lampard

So when is this going to get fixed? We've been waiting patiently for this to be fixed but patience is wearing thin. Will Tom Tom be giving users a part refund because honestly, I paid for something that would make my life easier and at the moment it's not.
  • TOMTOMGO910TOMTOMGO910 Posts: 3 [Apprentice Seeker]
    I think TOMTOM have gone from great to worst in navigation,.
  • Bigal61Bigal61 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    This needs to be fixed ASAP

I've paid a lot for the app and subscriptions and now it's impossible to use.
  • Bigal61Bigal61 Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    OK there is a workaround.

Under Settings-TomTom Services turn off online searches and the suburb names come back.
This discussion has been closed.

Who's Online in this Category1

Rob19
Rob19