620 Prof screen lines. — TomTom Community

620 Prof screen lines.

Got lines on my screen after 10 days and would like any ideas to fix it. Currently I've done the 30s power button reset and now im going try a complete battery drain. If nothing works a return is the next thing.

Thanks for anyones help!

ui6ay443gvld.jpg
Tagged:

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,903
    Superuser
    Hi @Cobray

Having checked on the My Drive website and logged int your account that your My places etc are backed up there then you could try a factory Reset.

Tap menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap system
    Tap reset device

You will have to set the device up again as you did when first used.

If that does not work then a Device Recovery could be the next move.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034277/how-to-recover-your-device/p1?new=1

Doug
  • CobrayCobray Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    Thanks will give that ago when I'm not on the road.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,456
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Cobray

Tomtom
    Direct Email & Chat Links by Country....
    Click on required Countries Email or Chat Link....
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122389/customer-service-contact-details-during-covid-19-epidemic/p1

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    I think this hardware related, and it's unlikely a reset will fix it.

If it's still under warranty then I'd suggest calling customer services to get it swapped out, otherwise you're possibly looking at a screen replacement.

If it is out of warranty and you don't mind getting your hands dirty - before you order a replacement screen, try taking it apart and reseating the plug where the ribbon cable from the screen attaches to the circuit board. It could just be a dodgy connection.

This video will give you an idea how to get inside...
  • CobrayCobray Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I'm thinking it hardware myself. It's still in warranty and i have time with amazon to return it so I'll most likly take it that route for a replacement if reset don't work.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,456
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Cobray

I've seen s couple of posts in the past saying the screen ribbon cable had not been seated property... But they were out of warranty so nothing to lose....

ATB YFM