I have a Start 25 Tom Tom with Speed camera alert. I wish to drive through France. Do I need to disa — TomTom Community

I have a Start 25 Tom Tom with Speed camera alert. I wish to drive through France. Do I need to disa

Best Answer

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    edited April 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pete_Bash1

You do not need to disable the Cameras whilst in France as the French Data is based on Danger Zones and is not specifically related to cameras. You will find warnings when no cameras are present and you will also get warnings well before any cameras may be situated as it is highlighting the general dangerous road conditions. The data has been formulated to comply with the French regulations.

Doug

Answers

• Pete_Bash1Pete_Bash1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I have a Start 25 Tom Tom with Speed Camera alert. I wish to Drive through France. Do I need to disable this and if so how?
    Superuser
    edited April 26 Accepted Answer
    Hi @Pete_Bash1

You do not need to disable the Cameras whilst in France as the French Data is based on Danger Zones and is not specifically related to cameras. You will find warnings when no cameras are present and you will also get warnings well before any cameras may be situated as it is highlighting the general dangerous road conditions. The data has been formulated to comply with the French regulations.

Doug
  • Pete_Bash1Pete_Bash1 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Pete_Bash1

You do not need to disable the Cameras whilst in France as the French Data is based on Danger Zones and is not specifically related to cameras. You will find warnings when no cameras are present and you will also get warnings we'll before any cameras may be situated as it is highlighting the general dangerous road conditions. The data has been formulated to comply with the French regulations.

Doug

Thank You Doug. I have found out how to disable it as well. But clearly not needed now.
    Superuser