Factory reset did not help RIDER 550 — TomTom Community

Factory reset did not help RIDER 550

Svendus_31492Svendus_31492 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
edited April 27 in RIDER
Factory reset my Rider550 and downloaded routes and locations from My Drive but the problem remains with newly recorded routes on the device the boxes do not sync with the app nor .gpx files and uploaded to MyDrive-app web Please fix this Bug NOTE. it normally works on MyRoutes.
It is probably .gpx and the new format .gpx1 that haunts several friends report similar problems recorded a trip today the same frustrating problem 🤢

Answers

• Svendus_31492Svendus_31492 Posts: 4 [New Seeker]
    Did a Factory reset on my Rider550 and downloaded routes and locations from My Drive but the problem remains with newly recorded routes on the device the boxes do not sync with the app nor .gpx files and uploaded to MyDrive-app web Please fix this Bug NOTE. it normally works on MyRoutes.
    It's probably .gpx and the new .gpx1 format that haunts several friends reporting similar problems recorded a trip today the same frustrating problem 🤢
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited April 26
    Hi
    @Svendus_31492
    Welcome to the site...
    Are you logged into MyDrive On the Rider 550
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive....
    Also I don't think every data sync action between the Rider 550 the MyDriveWeb Route planer and the various Phone Apps are all bi-directional....

There is also....
    Transfer over Micro SDHC Card....

Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1699747/#Comment_1699747

Transfer over PC Filer system... Easy Route Upload....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698817/#Comment_1698817

Maybe Useful... Using the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1698494/#Comment_1698494
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    Yes we know all that thank you. Yes the device are connected but a recorded tour do not upload from the device to MyDrive
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    edited April 26
    Hi @Svendus_31492

Routes created on a device do not backup to MyDrive. Provided you have a map on the internal memory insert a Micro SD Card in the extra memory slot, do not format in the device, and copy the route to the card then you can save to your PC and add to My Drive if you wish. The card can be quite a small capacity as route files are usually very small.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited April 26
    Hi
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Also I don't think every data sync action between the Rider 550 the MyDriveWeb Route planer and the various Phone Apps are all bi-directional....
    Yes we know all that thank you. Yes the device are connected but a recorded tour do not upload from the device to MyDrive
    Yes a planned Route/Track... Does sync from the MyDriveWeb Route planer to the NAV4 or NAV5 Wi-Fi device....

NO a Recorded Track on a NAV4 or NAV5 Wi-Fi device... Does not sync back to the MyDriveWeb Route planner....

Transfer recorded track over Micro SDHC Card....
    Here...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1699747/#Comment_1699747

ATB YFM
    edited April 26
    do reset our account on the Tom Tom website and try again helps
    my Rider550 did synchronize a recorded tour 5 month ago
    we asked

and this was hes advise:
    Hi, I just checked my Unit, updated the software and setup o new Route on my computer. Transferred automatically to my GPS via WiFi. Functioning without problems. Same goes for my Phone. S8. My best bet is to reset your account on the Tom Tom website and try again?

Note: uploaded .GPX files an MyDrive do not show up on the iOS app iPhone 8 and iPad 9,7"Pro 😩
  • mototravelukmototraveluk Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    Further test. Map created on Computer saved to devise. Updated route on mobile. Saved to the device. All changes updated automatically. Open the file on the computer.
    All changes included.
    I cannot replicate the issue. So far everything is working.
    Superusers
    edited April 27
    Hi
    @mototraveluk
    Welcome to the site....
    Further test. Map created on Computer saved to devise. Updated route on mobile. Saved to the device. All changes updated automatically. Open the file on the computer.
    All changes included.
    I cannot replicate the issue. So far everything is working.
    Yes the above scenario both work.....
    But user Svendus_31492 has 'Recorded' a .GPX Track, generated using the Record a route option and the .GPX Track saved to the MyRoute folder on the Rider 550 and then he/she? expected the route to reverse sync back to the MyDrive Web Route planner....
    As far as I'm aware this reverse sync from the Rider 550 back to the to the MDW Route planner is NOT Possible ???

You can only share Routes/Tracks and GPX tracks that's been Recoded on the Rider 550 by using the Micro SDHC memory card transfer method....

The Rider 450 has the option to share Routes/Tracks over Bluetooth & Micro SDHC memory card....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM