Buttons on TomTom Multi-sport — TomTom Community

Buttons on TomTom Multi-sport

Graham's watchGraham's watch Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
edited April 2020 in Runner & Multi-Sport
My watch displays the time but does not respond to the menu button or connect to a PC or charger. Any ideas?

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,811
    Superusers
    Are you getting any error messages when you plug the watch in or is it being recognized at all? Does the clock face change to a battery charging icon (which indicates it is getting power so there is a partial connection)? A few things to look at (and I apologize if some are very basic, but it is best to get past the obvious issues first):

1) Are you plugged directly into the machine and not a hub?
    2) Does the port work, can the computer detect other devices (like flash drives) in that port?
    3) Is the watch firmly snapped into the cradle and the USB plug firmly in the port?
    4) Is the USB port free of any debris or blockages?
    5) Is the Connect software running (is there an icon for it in the notification area)?
    6) Did you install Sports Connect, not MyDrive Connect? It is downloaded from tomtom.com/123
    7) Do you have administrator rights to the computer?
    8) Is a firewall or antivirus running that is blocking the software from connecting to TomTom (try turning them off before docking the watch)?
    9) Does the computer have a good Internet connection (Internet is required to sync)?
    10) Can you try installing it on a different machine to determine if it is an issue with the computer versus the watch?

Is there any damage to the pins in the charger or the contacts on the watch? If any of the pins are bent or deformed straighten them out with a pin and make sure the contacts on the back of the watch are free of tarnish or grime. Also make sure it is fully snapped into the cradle.
  • Graham's watchGraham's watch Posts: 5 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Thanks for the response, the watch only displays the time. Up down, left right button, does nothing! G
    Superusers
    Sounds like the button is broken. You may be able to pry it out and fix it, look for videos online.
    As I understand it, the function button is made up of 4 individual surface mount switches. None of them respond. G
    Superusers
    Time for a new watch in that case. TT Sports does not repair them and has been out of business for over 2.5 years so it is time to move on.
    Yep, blimmin' annoying, I really needed it for this weekend, it's the Oxford 10k. It's virtual this year so I needed evidence of my run. Hay-ho, thanks for the advice. G