Changing email address — TomTom Community

Changing email address

I have changed the email address on my account, but the GO 520 still shows the old address and doesn't link to my account. How do I change the email address on the device?

Best Answers

• tjcameron66tjcameron66 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for that.

Answers

• tjcameron66tjcameron66 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Accepted Answer
    Thanks for that.
  • AlexBroersenAlexBroersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @DougLap

I recently got a TomTom from my uncle with Lifetime Maps Europe and Speed Camera's. Do I lose these extra's when I do a Factory Reset and change the emailadres or do they stay on the TomTom?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    edited May 21
    Hi @AlexBroersen

Depends what you mean by extras. I do not have a Rider unit so it is not my area of knowledge particularly the differences between the various models.

When you use the Reset Device in Settings/System it will return the unit to the Out of the Box situation other than it will not change the current versions of the operating system and Maps that are on the unit.

You will however lose any Favourites (My Places), 3rd Party POI files and Route files that have been loaded on it from your Uncles account. It is possible that @yamfazman can give you advice on what you can copy from your uncles account so that you can add them to your account and then they will sync to the Device when it links to your account.

If it is 3rd party POI files that your uncle has loaded then if he still has them on his PC then copy them to yours and add them to your account.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,059
    Superusers
    Hi
    @tjcameron66
    Welcome to the site....
    The Lifetime Maps Europe and Speed Camera's are linked to the device serial number Not the owner, so they are transferred with the device....
    As Doug says You will however lose any Favourites (My Places), 3rd Party POI files and Route files that have been loaded on it from your Uncles account.

All the Data is stored on your Account on the Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/

Many users have asked for the facility to backup their MyPlaces to a PC
    The MyDrive Route planner allows you to download your data from the Tomtom Cloud
    Here... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1667273/#Comment_1667273

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • AlexBroersenAlexBroersen Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Wauw! Many thanks on the quick response @DougLap and @YamFazMan
    It's very helpfull :)
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,532
    Superuser
    Hi @AlexBroersen

Your welcome

Doug
  • Buddy69Buddy69 Posts: 1 [New Seeker]
    I'm trying to change my account email address. I enter it but when I press enter the old address returns. Thanks for any assistance! ba