Maps on old Tomtom Go730 — TomTom Community

Maps on old Tomtom Go730

Hey. I recently dug out my old tomtom go730. My fathers vehicle recently had its speedometer damaged so he cant tell its speed so i was going to give him my gps as an alternative. I turned it on and it was working fine but it took about 2-3 minutes to connect to the satellite. I figured it needed the new positions updated. So i connected it to my computer and it told me the maps were no longer updatable. I figured thats fine. Im not really using it for the maps anyways. So it let me update the gps positions and also showed i could update the mapshare so i figured why not. When i start it back up it is now telling me there is a problem with the map and that i cant use this map on this device: north_america_2gb-453. I didnt think to create a backup and now i dont know what to do to get it working again.

Best Answer

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zarkum

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated a fresh map for the device. Just remove the existing maps first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram

Answers

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 9,886 Moderator
    Accepted Answer
    Hi @Zarkum

Welcome to the community!

I have reactivated a fresh map for the device. Just remove the existing maps first and download a fresh version using TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram
  • ZarkumZarkum Posts: 2 [New Seeker]
    Thank you so much. It worked perfectly.