Transfer POI-My places from GO 6100 to GO 620 — TomTom Community

Transfer POI-My places from GO 6100 to GO 620

have just bought upgrade, wanting to transfer all the old points saved on 6100 to 620, is there a way to do it and how do I transfer?

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,064
    Superusers
    edited April 22
    Hi
    @RANGERGREENIE
    Welcome to the site....
    You can have up to 10 devices on one MyDrive Connect Account
    Simply use the same Email address & Password when you register the device...
    The MyPlaces & Personal or 3rd party POI Categories will auto sync between the two devices....

Re... Multple NAV4 or NAV5 devices using the same Email Address & Password... This configuration can give problems if two or more devices are being used at the same time....
    For example....

Markos01 wrote: »
    Hi all
    I have a Go 5000 and a Go 6000 – which my parents use – and both are on the same account. Just recently we were both using our devices simultaneously but heading in different directions, and we both had our routes automatically changed by each other's device which I wasn't expecting!
    What's the solution for this: do I have to take one device off the account and create a new account for it? Will it lose the speed camera subsription if I do this?
    Any help appreciated!

Answer.... Logging out of MyDrive on your devices is the way to go....
    When you need to sync a route file, log back into MyDrive on the device/s you wish to sync the data
    I use this method with 8 devices... After all, you only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address

If you're not happy logging in/out of MyDrive on the devices, you will need to set up a MyDrive account with different Email and password for each device... the downside is you will need to set up and maintain multiple MyDrive (Web) Route planner accounts for any MyPlaces, POI's and Routes you wish to sync to each individual device

I maintain three NAV4 devices GO 5000, Start 60, Rider 400 and five NAV5 (Wifi) GO 520, 620, GO 6200, GO Premier & Rider 550 by simply logging in/out of MyDrive
    I use a single password across all the devices... You only need to enter the password, the device remembers the email address
    Most of the time on the individual devices I am out logged of MyDrive and only log in to sync data as required, then log out again

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing
    NAV(5)+Wifi)... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Stop Syncing

Note.....
    Logging out of MyDrive on the device does not stop the device receiving Tomtom Traffic and live services info
    The above does not work in the USA the Live Traffic system is different to UK/Europe

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • RANGERGREENIERANGERGREENIE Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks does it sinc relatively quickly?nothing seems to be happening after3 hours since updating new one
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 5,569
    Superuser
    edited April 22
    Hi @RANGERGREENIE

It should have synced in that time easily.

Have you done a Factory Reset on the GO620 and set the unit up as you did when you first got it with language etc and input the same Login details you have on the GO6100. You have to do this as it is the only way to change the account settings in your GO620. This will result in you losing any settings you had on the GO620 but as it is new I assume there is little on it.

If you go into Settings/My Drive on the GO620 does it say Stop Syncing bottom right. If it does do not touch it as that is saying it is Syncing to the Tomtom Account you have put into the unit If it is not saying that it will be asking you to put in the password . If the Account is the correct one then add password and it should then sync to your account.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited April 27
    Hi
    @RANGERGREENIE

Are you logged into MyDrive on each Device.... You need to be logged into MyDrive on the Devices to Sync Data....

NAV4.................. Tap (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> MyDrive... Log in
    NAV5 (Wifi)...... Tap (.... Menu) --> Setting --> MyDrive... Log in

If you have lots of POIs to sync... its probably quicker over USB
    See Option (2) in the post... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1699414/#Comment_1699414

ATB YFM
  • RANGERGREENIERANGERGREENIE Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    thanks for responding, a few things, one is i have tried to have both connected to My Connect and even with that happening nothing syncs, I did notice though its all the My Places points I want, the ones you just click on the arrow and it marks the map, not the ones you pre set on My Drive, so maybe you cant just transfer everything you mark from old to new device?
    Superusers
    edited April 27
    Hi
    @RANGERGREENIE

MyPlaces are stored on the MyDrive Web Route planner (The Tomtom Cloud Account)
    See Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    Login with your Tomtom Account details....

The data is the data stored at and synced from the MDW Route planner to the individual Tomtom devices

See Tomtom Video... How to import POIs, GPX files and Favourites in MyDrive....

ATB YFM