GO 5100 world WiFi keeps telling that there are updates and turns black during navigation

schaipau
schaipau Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
While driving my TomTom repeatedly shows the screen that there are updates available. The screen turns black and sometimes it is restarting. This goes over and over again. I have read something about that there might be not enough storage memory remaining, but that is not the case.
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @schaipau

It sounds like the power supply is intermittent
    Is the Power Adapter a tight sliding fit in the power socket... Some users have posted about none standard oversize car power sockets....
    Also see Power Supply....
    Click Link... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1662089/#Comment_1662089
    schaipau wrote: »
    (Snip) I have read something about that there might be not enough storage memory remaining, but that is not the case
    Is the GO 5100 in the title a typo ??? as you say you have a GO 5200 in your profile
    Its the NAV4 devices like the GO 5100 with 8GB on-board memory that are having problems....
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) like the GO 5200 have 16GB on-board memory should be OK, unless of course they are stuffed full of Maps....
    The NAV4 & 5 (Wi-Fi) devices all have Micro SDHC Memory card slots to expand the memory when required...

ATB YFM
  • schaipau
    schaipau Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi @YamFazMan,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I am using an original TomTom power adapter but it is a bit loosened in its socket. This will probably the issue.
    You were right about the device. It is a GO 5200.