GO 5100 world WiFi keeps telling that there are updates and turns black during navigation — TomTom Community

GO 5100 world WiFi keeps telling that there are updates and turns black during navigation

While driving my TomTom repeatedly shows the screen that there are updates available. The screen turns black and sometimes it is restarting. This goes over and over again. I have read something about that there might be not enough storage memory remaining, but that is not the case.
Tagged:

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 18,423
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @schaipau

It sounds like the power supply is intermittent
    Is the Power Adapter a tight sliding fit in the power socket... Some users have posted about none standard oversize car power sockets....
    Also see Power Supply....
    Click Link... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1662089/#Comment_1662089
    schaipau wrote: »
    (Snip) I have read something about that there might be not enough storage memory remaining, but that is not the case
    Is the GO 5100 in the title a typo ??? as you say you have a GO 5200 in your profile
    Its the NAV4 devices like the GO 5100 with 8GB on-board memory that are having problems....
    The NAV5 (Wi-Fi) like the GO 5200 have 16GB on-board memory should be OK, unless of course they are stuffed full of Maps....
    The NAV4 & 5 (Wi-Fi) devices all have Micro SDHC Memory card slots to expand the memory when required...

ATB YFM
  • schaipauschaipau Posts: 3 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi @YamFazMan,
    Thanks for your answer.
    I am using an original TomTom power adapter but it is a bit loosened in its socket. This will probably the issue.
    You were right about the device. It is a GO 5200.