Calorie count inaccurate — TomTom Community

Calorie count inaccurate

DavidG1878DavidG1878 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
Hello all, I use a tom tom golfer 2 watch and like to keep an eye on my steps and calorie count while I play or exercise. My calories burnt start at 700 or higher in the morning when I put my watch on which is impossible lol I've tried to reset it through connecting it to my laptop but I've had no success. Can I zero my calories burnt? Im really confused about all this and don't know how to fix it, a bit of help or feed back would be great. Thanks
Tagged:

Comments

• tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    If you were alive and breathing, digesting, etc. then you were burning calories and that is what a 24/7 activity tracker is supposed to be tracking. It computes a BMR based on your gender, height, weight, etc. and takes this along with steps and sports activities to come up with calories burned. Between midnight and whenever you woke up you burned 400 calories just being alive. This is exactly what it and all other activity trackers are designed to do. In my experience it is generally accurate (or as accurate as BMR based calculations can be as they are based on averages).
  • DavidG1878DavidG1878 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I burnt 3000+ yesterday, sitting in the front garden. Couldn't be right in my opinion...
  • tfarabaughtfarabaugh Posts: 16,677
    Superusers
    DavidG1878 wrote: »
    I burnt 3000+ yesterday, sitting in the front garden. Couldn't be right in my opinion...

How much do you weigh, how tall are you, what is your gender? Are they reflected properly on the watch? In reality, it is all based on averages from data tables, and varies greatly. I would not put much faith in what any device claims as they are all guessing.
  • DavidG1878DavidG1878 Posts: 3 [New Seeker]
    I don't think anyone could burn them calories in a day no matter what weight and height they where. That's all I needed to know, it's not correct and not even close to what it should be telling me