Why are there no maps shown under My Services in MyDrive for my TomTom Start 25 device? — TomTom Community

Why are there no maps shown under My Services in MyDrive for my TomTom Start 25 device?

simonxxxxxsimonxxxxx Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
My device is connected to MyDrive but there are no maps showing under My Services and I am sure the device has Lifetime maps. I cannot therefore update it. I have tried resetting the device but no luck. Is there a problem with MyDrive? Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    Hi
    @simonxxxxx

When I have a problem with mMyDrive Connect I find deleting the "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders in the MyDrive Connect Program really effective for giving MyDrive Connect a CPR...

If you have installed MyDrive Connect to the default location using Windows 10
    It's located here... C:\Users\"Your Computers Name goes here"\AppData\Local\TomTom > (HOME3 & MyDrive Connect Folders)
    Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    If you delete the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders it removes the Cache Folder & Contents, Prefs.ini, cookies.ini. Logs and Configuration.xml

A new Home3 Folder and MyDrive Connect folders and their contents are created fresh the next time you use MyDrive Connect

Method…..
    (1)... Disconnecting the Tomtom device from the PC and Reset it by holding down the off button for 20 secs until you hear the ‘drumbeat’ release the button
    (2)... Opening ‘Run’ on the PC (click on the windows symbol bottom left – type ‘run’ in the search box – open ‘run’.
    (3)... Type into the ‘run’ box %localappdata%/TomTom
    (4)… Press Enter
    (5)... A new window opens
    (6)... Delete both the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders; they are most likely to be corrupted
    (7)…Close all windows
    (8)... Turn on the SatNav and reconnect it to the PC
    (9)... Open/Run ‘My Drive Connect... You will have to login as if MyDrive Connect was a fresh install... And hopefully all should be well

Note... You may want to create a Desktop Short-cut to the access the Home3 and the MyDrive Connect folders

If you are using a Mac....
    JimB0b wrote: »
    Thanks @YamFazMan
    I'm on a Mac but have found the two folders you mentioned (Home3 and MyDriveConnect) and deleted them. Hurrah.. that's done the trick after a couple of frustrating weeks I've updated it successfully.
    Many thanks for the advice.

On a Mac....
    The "HOME3" and the "MyDrive Connect" folders are located here...
    MacOS: Users\Username\Library\Application Support\TomTom\

ATB YFM
  • simonxxxxxsimonxxxxx Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Hi thanks for the detailed and prompt response. I have a MAC and I followed the process and deleted the files stated. However, have now connected the device again and opened MyDrive but the maps are still not showing under My Services. Do you have any other suggestions to help me at all?
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 7,702
    Superuser
    Hi @simonxxxxx

See my post on your other question re the same mater.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 19,215
    Superusers
    edited April 2020
    Hi
    @simonxxxxx

You are connected directly to the Mac and NOT through a Hub or maybe a Peripheral like a Keyboard with USB ports etc....

This post maybe helpfull....
    NAV4 Devices... MyDrive Connect NOT offering the latest Map update…. See...https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1121585/nav4-devices-mydrive-connect-not-offering-the-latest-map-update

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • simonxxxxxsimonxxxxx Posts: 10 [Apprentice Seeker]
    Ok thanks for your further help. Unfortunately have not been able to resolve this and now my device is showing as no maps found and there are no maps at all on My Drive. Any further help for this would be great. Thanks again