carminat vauxhall update not working — TomTom Community

carminat vauxhall update not working

DJCarl1972DJCarl1972 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
Hi all
i recently bought a second hand van and used the built in satnav to get me home, all worked well, decided to update the sd card and followed the instructions on tomtom website to the letter but when i put the card back in after an update the screen just displays an image telling me to put the card in!
the van is a 2013 vauxhall vivaro sportive. also the tomotm home shows a renault badge and branding, is there a different version of software for vauxhall or is it universal?
many thanks, Carl

Comments

• VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    @DJCarl1972

Hi Carl,

Welcome to the community!

I have activated a map for the device. If you connect the device to TomTom HOME the map should be offered for download.

Regards
    Vikram
  • DJCarl1972DJCarl1972 Posts: 2 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi Vikram thanks
    but still not working. Can you talk me through the whole process from scratch starting with a blank re formatted card. I know its not the head unit as everything was fine before the update. Also the software bares the Renault logo on my mac, is this correct as the van is a Vauxhall / Opel.

thanks
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 11,624 Moderator
    Hi Carl

I could have arranged a call back from our Customer Service team, amid COVID-19 we are offering support through LIVE chat and emails only.

If you wish to go through the whole process then I would advise that you try the steps on this FAQ- http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/18349

Regards
    Vikram