Tomtom 6250 gprs works, has a network signal but no traffic and my drive — TomTom Community

Tomtom 6250 gprs works, has a network signal but no traffic and my drive

gprs works, has a network signal but no traffic and my drivejgvhw1ekqvsk.jpg
nmxsbr7di2zz.jpg
ywsd7ex4c6zv.jpg

Answers

• GazibarevGazibarev Posts: 95 [Supreme Trailblazer]
    I have the same problem.
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    Hi
    @stanislav791
    @Gazibarev
    Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device ??? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6965//session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDI2NjM0NDUyL3NpZC9EQTdTVHpobQ

Charge the device for at least 2Hrs "OR" have the device plugged into a power supply
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles......

ATB YFM
  • simplysup2simplysup2 Posts: 6 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I too have this problem today. A soft reset did not help. When my GO 6200 was back in range of my wifi traffic and MyDrive came back on, indicating a possible error with the 2G connection?
  • stanislav791stanislav791 Posts: 38 [Renowned Wayfarer]
    Many times I did a reset, it doesn't help when I turn on the wifi everything works
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,168
    Superuser
    edited April 14
    Hi @stanislav791

If Soft Resets has not resolved the problem then go to the MyDrive website and check that all your My Places, POI Files and Route saved on the device are backed up there. Then

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will restore the unit back to Factory Settings and you will have to set it up again as you originally did. The current Operating Software and Maps Versions will not be affected.

Doug
    Many times I did a reset, it doesn't help when I turn on the wifi everything works
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @stanislav791

If Soft Resets have resolved the problem then go to the MyDrive website and check that all your My Places, POI Files and Route saved on the device are backed up there. Then

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap System
    Tap Reset Device

This will restore the unit back to Factory Settings and you will have to set it up again as you originally did. The current Operating Software and Maps Versions will not be affected.

Doug

I did it several times, it doesn't work
    I did soft reset couple of times. Gprs connection is established and status is active but no traffic and my drive. Only trough wifi
  • richburrs_193richburrs_193 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    i have the same problem, just updated and no live traffic with my go 5000, what is going on tom tom???
    i have done a factory reset as well,
    I thing is a temporary server problem. Now I have no issues.
    The server seemed to have a problem, now everything works
    well its just connected whilst at home, hope it will tommorrow whilst on the road!
  • DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,168
    Superuser
    edited April 15
    Hi

When I had an occasion where the inbuilt sim could not connect to the Tomtom servers I was able to connect using a Mifi which connects to the TT Servers in the same way as your Wifi. I would suggest if you have a suitable phone you could try logging your TT unit onto the Phones Hotspot in Wifi. This will use some of your data allowance.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,497
    Superusers
    Hi

I find this useful to see if the SIM is active...
    The RF shielding on my PC sound system is not very good, and I can hear the Tomtom SIM Data exchange and the Card logging in/out

Also If you have a small portable AM Radio set to around 800kHz you can hear the SIM card Data exchange and the Card logging in/out

ATB YFM
    Hello. Today i have this problem again. Yes, the SIM card is active with established connection but services are unavailable.
  • PeteH72PeteH72 Posts: 2 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Hi! I got this same problem yesterday and also today. Have done all the resets, but helps anything. Works fine via WiFi but not with inbuilt sim.
  • smarczak260smarczak260 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    It would appear that there is an issue with TomTom servers. If this is indeed the case why won't They just say so so people stop wasting their time trying to reset over and over again...???

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/tomtom/map/
  • halo572halo572 Posts: 5 [Apprentice Traveler]
    I have had this problem for 2 days, reset and updated everything and it seemed to be working last night.

This morning all I get is dropping in and out and can't get traffic at all.

Tried contacting TomTom UK but they say their offices are closed.

I take it this is a TomTom services problem, which it would be nice if we could have confirmation as I can find no services status page.

Stop taking it that it is the user and start wondering why TomTom are so quiet.

I can understand at the moment the way things are, but we need a service update confirmation to know if it is our devices or not.
  • dmulvdmulv Posts: 666
    Superuser
    This is actually quite a relief... I installed a dashcam over the weekend, and my first drive out yesterday showed there to be no connection on the TomTom - leading me to suspect interference from the dashcam wiring.

On another note - it would be quite handy to have a 'services status' panel in the support site to quickly advise of any current issues....?
  • Dann76Dann76 Posts: 0 [New Seeker]
    The live services on my Trucker 6000 haven't worked since yesterday morning, I've tried a soft reset and a hard reset and it hasn't made any difference. I can't log in via the device either it just comes up with, oops connection error, services temporarily unavailable. I just wondered if it's a Tomtom issue.
  • LochfrassLochfrass Posts: 12,612
    Superuser
    There is a general problem at TomTom.
    In the German Part of this Forum the Moderator announce it.
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/de/discussion/comment/1701493/#Comment_1701493
  • smarczak260smarczak260 Posts: 7 [Master Explorer]
    In German part of the forum TomTom moderator announced that there is an issue.
    See photo (original post translated from German).2xi1b5o0kd8t.jpeg
    hello, the issue is still not good, no connection all day! so will wait for thr techs to sort?
  • BanburyGuyBanburyGuy Posts: 11 [Master Traveler]
    2nd day down for me - trucker 6000
    hello?, iv been using tom tom since 2007, i am a multi drop delivery driver and it means a lot for the live traffic to work, can any one help?