No maps available after update — TomTom Community

No maps available after update

Willem66Willem66 Posts: 9 [Neophyte Traveler]
Hi All, after an update my TomTom Start 52 starts with ,,No maps Found ,, after an update. I bought it with Lifetime Europe 45 Map but in MyDrive under "My content" doesn't show me any maps, just an offer to buy new TomTom.
I reinstalled my drive app, cleared the cache, did soft reset.... but still nothing. Also did a recovery of the TomTom software without luck. Please help !

Best Answers

Answers

• DougLapDougLap Posts: 6,104
    Superuser
    Hi @Willem66

Here is a video that may help.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

I assume that either there has been a problem during the update or you have not got enough spare memory for the new Map. If you have not fitted any extra memory then I recommend that you fit a Micro SD Class 10 card either 16gb or max 32gb which you will need to format in the Start 52 for use with Maps. I suggest you get a Sandisk, Samsung or similar major make as some of the lesser known cards ave been problematic.

If the map is to big and you have no extra memory fitted then you need to load a smaller map which hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can add to you account. They may be on the forum tomorrow so have look then otherwise on Tuesday, You should then load that map which will go on the internal memory and will enable you to start the unit, format the extra memory and load the full European map which is now too big to go on the internal memory.

Do not delete the small map once you have installed the main map as that remaining on the unit will enable you to start the device and sort any similar problems out.

Doug
  • YamFazManYamFazMan Posts: 17,417
    Superusers
    Hi
    @Willem66
    Welcome to the site....

Also see Catch22....
    Some Maps are now to big to install onto the the on-board Memory....

Important See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    ATB YFM
  • Willem66Willem66 Posts: 9 [Neophyte Traveler]
    Thanks all for fast reply, really appreciated :)
    I remember originally the Europe 45+ map was installed (Europe without Russia).
    Problem is that update of full Europe failed and now I understand what went wrong after YamFazMan's explaination.
    So tried to fit 16Gb and 32 Gb SD card (suggested by DougLab) but unable to format it in the TomTom Start 52 because all the time the error "No cards available" pops up :(
    It's strange that under MyDrive account the "Europe 45+" map disappeared, so I'm really stuck.
    I hope support can add this map option again.
    Will contact @VikramK or @lampard tomorrow...
    Superuser
    Hi @Willem66

If there are no maps on your device you should not be able to start it on order to format a card.

It might be an idea to Use your PC to format the SD cards to Fat32. Do a full format not a quick format. The. The card will be ready to be formatted in the unit.

You could wait to see which one of the Mods comes on here to advise about adding a small map.

Doug
    Superusers
    edited April 12
    Hi
    @Willem66

Try scrolling to the bottom of this post....
    You may be being offered the smaller Maps and not noticed ???
    Right Click on the Images to enlarge... Select View Image....
    Click on the Browser back button to return....

Updating my NAV4 devices GO 5000 and Rider 400... I noticed I was not being offered the the latest Full Europe Map....
    On both devices I have the Full Europe Map installed on a 16GB SanDisk Memory Card and the (UK&ROI Map acting as a keeper) installed on the on-board Memory....
    See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043
    Both devices have a 16GB SanDisk Class 10 SDHC Memory Card installed....

Recently because of POI address errors on the Full Europe Map of my NAV5 devices, I switched the Active Map on all of my devices from the Full Europe Map to the UK&ROI Map....
    When I connected the NAV4 devices to MyDrive Connect the UK&ROI Map (Active Map) updated to the v1045 Map without a fault.

When I tried to install the Full Europe map MDConnect reported
    'Your device is up to date'....
    Despite the Full v1040 Europe being installed on the 16GB SDHC Memory Card....

It appears that MyDrive Connect only monitors the Active Map

qiof8hs2l0fx.jpg
    But if you select the 'MY CONTENT' menu... Screen top left in MDConnect
    The v1045 Full Europe Map is available to install....
    yw65jxkxwpqc.jpg
    Click the ' v ' Icon to select the install location....
    qdhgxiegjstf.png
    OR

Scroll to the bottom of the MDConnect screen to 'MY SERVICES'...
    Hover over and Click the ' v ' on the Map Icon....
    cvfkkce516jn.jpg
    Click on Manage your Map....
    hj7qmnq1tzv1.jpg
    Select the install location....
    vnetg3rqxhn9.jpg
    Note... If you haven't yet installed a 16GB or 32GB Class 10 SDHC Memory Card
    Or there is still insufficient memory space available
    You will be offered the new range of Maps Cuts (MapZones)....
    lnc03cmi4fq0.jpg

ATB YFM
    @YamFazMan
    Thanks for reply :+1:
    Unfortunately the only update available under "My services" is a "Speedcamera update with 3 month licence", but no map. Map option is really gone...
    I will try to format my 16Gb SD card one more time on my computer.
    I did this before, after inserting it on the TomTom and starting the TomTom, I saw some kind of message about "Format SD...." but it disappeared and got he "No maps available" popup. But I will try again....
    edited April 12
    Formatted two HCSD cards (16Gb & 32 Gb) on my computer (FAT32, full format, empty label, default allocation size). Tried next steps with both of them........ The TomTom "sees" that the SD is installed (I checked the black/white debug screen which appears after long pressing on/off button). After soft reset I see a SD format screen (choice to format Route or Map), but it disappears too fast and the "No maps available" pops up. So there's no way to format SD card correctly !!! When I connect to MDC (MyDrive Connect), the SD is not recognised :( Really terrible.
    Will contact @VikramK or @lampard to add the small map to my account........
    edited April 13
    Hi @VikramK , @YamFazMan , @DougLap ,

All thanks for your fast and great support :+1:
    I managed to restore my TomTom Start 52:
    1. Installed small map (UK & Ireland)
    2. After rebooting the TomTom I was asked to format SD card (two options, "Route" or "Map", I choose "Map")
    3. Installed Full Europe on SD card
    4. Voila, problem solved =)

I only have one concern, in MyDrive Connect I can now choose a lot of maps to install (Europe, Western Europe, Southern Europe, Turkey, Italy, France etc...). However, all these maps have 1 year map update service which all expire on 18-04-2020. So it looks like my "Lifetime service" is gone ?!? I bought my TomTom with Lifetime service. How can I get my Lifetime service back on Europe 45+ map (which was originally installed, but is not in the list anymore) ?

Superuser
    Hi @Willem66

Maybe @VikramK can have a look at this for you and can advise you what to do.

Doug
    @DougLap, thanks for fast reply again, I will ask @VikramK.
    edited April 13
    All,

I'v sent @VikramK my question about lifetime maps with expiry date, but in the meantime I found an answer in the post "Lifetime Map Showing Expiry Date":

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1122400/lifetime-map-showing-expiry-date#latest

My lifetime maps all show expiry date of 18-04-2020, I'm curious if they will be extended automatically... We will see...

Superusers
    edited April 14
    Hi
    @Willem66
    You're welcome, glad you're sorted :)

Maybe the majority Tomtom staff are working from Home (Corona Virus)
    I guess the back-end systems will eventually catchup with any backlogs....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
    edited April 14
    All, just to confirm that the update service of my lifetime maps have been extended automatically by 5 years today :+1:=)
  • Rickie1974Rickie1974 Posts: 3 [Novice Seeker]
    Hi. I'm having the same problem. I tried updating my start 52 but now it shows no maps and theres no option on my drive.
    Superuser
    edited April 18
    Hi @Rickie1974

Here is a video for the No Maps situation.

https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1034305/what-to-do-if-your-device-displays-no-maps-found/p1?new=1

Hopefully @VikramK or @lampard can add a small map to your account on Monday which you can load onto your Internal memory. Then if you have a Micro SD Class 10 size 16gb or max 32gb you can format it in the unit for maps and then load the missing main map.

When you have this sorted do not delete the small map but leave it on the unit to enable you to Start it and sort any problems you may have if you a problem during a future updated.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks @DougLap but i've tried everything and i can't get it working.
    Superuser
    edited April 18
    Hi @Rickie1974

See what you can do when a smaller map is added to the account.

In the meantime leave the current SD card out of the unit.

Doug
  • VikramKVikramK Posts: 10,203 Moderator
    Hi @Rickie1974

Welcome to the community!

Could you send me the serial number of the device through a private message, please?

Regards
    Vikram
    @VikramK sent