Tom Tom Go mobile not syncing with MyDrive — TomTom Community

Tom Tom Go mobile not syncing with MyDrive

MavroenaMavroena Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
I recently moved from the trial version to the paid version and now no longer have access to MyRoutes.
Any advice before I ask for my subscription pennies back?

Best Answer

• MavroenaMavroena Posts: 4 [Apprentice Traveler]
    Accepted Answer
    RESOLVED

Managed to speak to TomTom service team who have confirmed the following -
    "I would like to inform you that we have recently updated our app with the new map technology due to which the syncing of routes from My Drive is not possible."

and they have confirmed -
    "Our team is working to develop this feature. Currently, we do not have any fixed date, we will try to add the feature as soon as possible."

Thanks for the responses.

Answers

• tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    edited April 7
    It's unclear what you have done. There are no different trial and paid versions of the GO Mobile App for Android - one uses the same version and chooses between using it with or without paying for more navigation miles/km per month. Paying for more navigation can not change any of your stored places or routes.
    Thanks for the response tgold; however this doesn't really help. So following the subscription the app updated. As you say this should be the same version as the trial version albeit with unlimited miles, and yet my places remain, but my routes don't. I've looked at and checked the syncing options are all set on the GO app, MyDrive (app and website) and that the same login (account) is in use across all of them... and yet still no routes.

Has anyone else had this issue and found either a reason or a solution?
  • tgoldtgold Posts: 2,127 [Exalted Pioneer]
    In the course of paying for your subscription I infer that you also uninstalled one version of app and then installed some different version. That would have been both unnecessary and also the cause of the loss of those routes you had saved. Someone who uses MyRoutes and their saving may be able to advise you whether there is any means of restoring them but I have never tried using those features.
    Thanks again for the response tgold; however, the update I refer to was a system update for the app which obviously happened to coincide with my subscription purchase. As far as I can tell the app was not uninstalled as part of that process, and I personally did not uninstall the app. In checking each of the apps (Tomtom GO and Mydrive) both are the latest versions so there is no reason I can see for this issue other than the routes functionality has been removed from Tomtom Go mobile. If anyone else uses the mobile app I'd love to know if this function is still available to you.

Thanks in advance.
    Accepted Answer
    RESOLVED

Managed to speak to TomTom service team who have confirmed the following -
    "I would like to inform you that we have recently updated our app with the new map technology due to which the syncing of routes from My Drive is not possible."

and they have confirmed -
    "Our team is working to develop this feature. Currently, we do not have any fixed date, we will try to add the feature as soon as possible."

Thanks for the responses.